• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cordials - Liqueurs

Ralph

Being a well raised Eye-talian, I like to sit down in front of the tube after a big Sunday pasta dinner and sip a little Sambuca Romana. I used to be a big fan of Opal Nera but once I tasted it side-by-side with the Romana, I realized how much cleaner the Romana is. I guess elderberries just aren't my thing.

I also like a little Baileys in my coffee after dinner as a change-up.

What do you guys like?

If you are looking for a good Italina cordial. Try STREGA. A bottle can be had for around $28.00. Its on the idea of a Galliano.

I also like Sambuca after a good meal. And of course with the meal dads home-made wine. I have just started making my own second year in a row. Its getting there. Not bad.

RPB67 said:
If you are looking for a good Italina cordial. Try STREGA. A bottle can be had for around $28.00. Its on the idea of a Galliano.

I also like Sambuca after a good meal. And of course with the meal dads home-made wine. I have just started making my own second year in a row. Its getting there. Not bad.
[snapback]236539[/snapback]​

OH MAN GALLIANO!

I blocked that stuff from my memory. I had the worst morning after following a night of Harvey Wallbangers.

RPB67 said:

[snapback]236539[/snapback]​

I have to agree with the above. Look for the Strega bottal with the dancing witches. mix with a little water or club. Also a white cloud is nice after dinner it is Sambuca with milk or cream. Or try some perceco(sp?) it is Italian sparkeling wine.

I like Sambuca and Ouzo too. Either of the organge drinks - Grand Marnier or Cointreau once in a while and the wife like Sabra the chocolate orange stuff too. We have others but they don't come out too often.

I like Bailey's with a cigar, also I have been sipping Amaretto di Saronno lately with cigars. It is too strong for most cigars, but it is a nice change of pace once in a while.

JK

AVB said:
I like Sambuca and Ouzo too. Either of the organge drinks - Grand Marnier or Cointreau once in a while and the wife like Sabra the chocolate orange stuff too. We have others but they don't come out too often.
[snapback]236569[/snapback]​

I enjoy Ouzo as well. I always like to say Ouzo will make you give back things you didn't steal!

I saw a great show about Ouzo on FINE Living network's "The Thirsty Traveler". One local maker fills a bag with the herbs used in distillation then throws them in the ocean to soak up the salt water. Pretty interesting.

If you don't know about "The Thirsty Traveler" you have to check it out. Talk about a dream job. This guy travels the world taking in the local potent potables. The show about Scotch was dominated by the Islay malts. The shows are very entertaining, and the host is a real clown.

http://www.fineliving.com/fine/thirsty_tra...E_10176,00.html

Scott1966 said:
How could you guys forget Frangelica? Very good.
[snapback]237174[/snapback]​

Your FOURTH post this month?

A new record :laugh: