• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Corojo Seeds and Wrappers

vewyphishy

The Original Smoking Fish
I recently read an article about the fragility of growing good corojo leaves. It led me to a few questions.

- How do these leaves compare to Cameroon or Connecticut Shade (or any other mainstream wrappers)

- What cigars actually use the corojo wrapper?

:lookup:

I know Camacho is one of them, and quite a good smoke if you ask me

I don't know if all Punch cigars are made with the corojo but the Punch Rare Corojo is I'm assuming. I've only had one of these and it was a couple years ago. I didn't like it but my tastes have changed somewhat and I might feel differently now.

Punch Rare Corojos are actually a dark Sumatra wrapper believe it or not. They are kick a$$ smokes if you ask me :D Cusano also makes a real Corojo wrapped cigar. Camachos are probably the most universally loved Corojo though.

Any other corojo's out there besides Camacho?

I read that Ashton (or Fuente) was trying to make a special edition cigar with the corojo wrapper. Sounds like an interesting idea.

There are very few. The only ones I know of are Cusano and Trilogy.

Phishy, You should try and grab some of the Cusano's! They are a really good smoke! I have had the pleasure of one and will be looking for more. Thanks bro! (you know who you are! ;) )