• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Corona? Or something else?

slowhand

A piece of advice I was once give was that if you truly wanted to experience what the blender had in mind for a particular line, that the corona was the size to smoke.

Agree? Disagree? Any other thoughts?

I've heard this too, it has something to do with the ratio of wrapper-binder-to filler. I'm finding most of my purchaces of late have all been corona, cuban corona and petite corona s lately, I am really enjoying these sizes.

Don't know for sure, but it seems plausible to me. It seems to me that torceadors rolling sizes in this range would have their pick of raw materials (no need for really big leaves), and I do believe that there is a tendency for sub-50 ring cigars to be more interesting and flavorful than their larger cousins.

I would agree with that as well. I believe that the blend is usually truer in a small ring cigar because there is far less seco(one of the least gummy tobaccos that has little flavor, and is used to round out the blend) in the filler.