• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Coronado by La Flor Lancero

dulaney22

Banned
I've read a lot about this cigar and was pleased to work out a trade with Isy for one. According to advertisements, these cigars are wrapped with a Nicaraguan leaf grown in Jalapa, a northern area of the country near the Honduran border, with a Dominican piloto filler and corojo binder.

This is a smoke to admire. It is a rich, chocolate brown color and is perfectly constructed. Veins are some of the smallest I've seen. The wrapper has a nice oily sheen and is nicely complimented by a mini-pigtail. Oh, I almost forgot the band. Whoa!! When I pulled it from the humi, I wondered for what prize Litto is competing with Fuente?

Anyway, the draw was just right and the first pulls were of cream and leather, with just a hint of pepper. The pepper turned a sweeter spice almost instantly and nice woody flavors started to prevail. To be honest, the first half of the smoke was mostly wood/leathery tastes . . . not bad, but not great. However, about mid-way, this cigar hit it's stride and tones of sweet, roasted nuts perfectly complimented a vanilla flavored cream. The spices picked up a touch and finally hit the back of my throat. In the final third, chocolate and cinnamon spice appeared to round off the experience and present a true, full-bodied smoke.

Overall, I enjoyed the cigar a great deal. I wish the beginning had been matched the end. Isy, thank you for sending me such a nice smoke.

Slide1-6.jpg

My pleasure, brother. Glad you enjoyed this lancero. I really enjoyed them when they came out, but then I went back to the DL Lanceros. I don't think I've smoked a Coronado Lancero in a while. Thanks to your review, I'm smoking one after lunch tomorrow. Thank you Lee! :thumbs:

As usual, another nice review :thumbs:

When these came out, I was a big fan of them. Since I wasn't sure how limited they were going to be, I put away a few boxes. I bought one from a local B&M recently and noticed the wrapper looked much different than the first batch. It was lighter and had less "splotches" on it - how is that for a term of art :laugh: Anyway, I asked someone at La FLor about the difference and he did vaguely indicate that the wrapper has changed. It wasn't the same smoke. Oh well, that's what happens with natural products. My reason for mentioning this is that there will be some noticeable variance in strength and flavor depending on the batch.

I still have about 1/4th of an OR box of these when they were exclusive to Ron Lasseraux at Serious Cigars.

Damned fine smokes.

:thumbs: