• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Corvina Contest

ewanzel

Pretty simple...1st to solve this riddle will recieve a bottle of handcrafted Corvina Wine. No edits permitted, but feel free to enter as many times as you like.

FWIW, Corvina is a wine grape grown in Northern Italy and produces a red wine that has lush and intriguing aromas of ripe red cherries and raspberries, delicate hints of almond, toast and spice and a richly tannic finish that leaves the fruit lingering on you palate. Why am I doing this? I'm a Newbie to the board who wants to spread some love and have far too much wine in the celler that I've made over the years (need to make room for the next batches)...so why not?

The Riddle:

You will know that I am coming
From the jingle of my bell,
But exactly who I am is not an easy thing to tell.

Children, they adore me
for they find me jolly,
but I do not see them when the halls are decked with holly.

My job often leaves me frozen,
I am a man that all should know,
But I do not do business in times of sleet or ice or snow.

I travel much on business,
But no reindeer haul me around,
I do all my traveling firmly on the ground.

I love the time of Christmas,
But that's not my vocational season,
And I assure that is because of a sound economic reason.

Who am I?

Pretty simple...1st to solve this riddle will recieve a bottle of handcrafted Corvina Wine. No edits permitted, but feel free to enter as many times as you like.

FWIW, Corvina is a wine grape grown in Northern Italy and produces a red wine that has lush and intriguing aromas of ripe red cherries and raspberries, delicate hints of almond, toast and spice and a richly tannic finish that leaves the fruit lingering on you palate. Why am I doing this? I'm a Newbie to the board who wants to spread some love and have far too much wine in the celler that I've made over the years (need to make room for the next batches)...so why not?

The Riddle:

Children, they adore me
for they find me jolly,

Who am I?
The Ice Cream Man!

The Riddle:

Children, they adore me
for they find me jolly,

Who am I?
The Ice Cream Man!

We have a winner!!! Congrats Junkman_56...if your Addy isn't in your profile PM me with it and I'll get this out to you early next week.

that was quicker then I thought it would be...round 2 anyone?

The Round 2 Riddle:

Decapitate me and all becomes equal. Then truncate me and I become second. Cut me front and back and I become two less than I started.

What am I?

I meant the word SEVEN

Congrats!!! Same as above is true for the Addy and time table for sending it out.

For those of you still working on this...

seven
even (equal)
eve (2nd person, according to the Bible)
v (Roman numeral five; two less than seven)

Last and final round...(and Junkman_56 to answer your question, lets let others win and spread the wealth)

"Like a maiden's head so deathly still,
Cold and quiet, yet not ill.
Her long tresses, skyward lie,
Hair that burns when it is dry.
Food to man and creature's lair,
Name both her and her hair."

The maiden is a rock on a lake bed. Her hair is seaweed.

Three up, three down...this ends the contest...Congrats bfreebern! Hope the three lucky people enjoy the wine...unbridled feedback re: my wine is always appreciated as I am continually striving to refine my craft.

Thanks again for the contest ewanzel.
I have never heard of this wine and look forward to trying it over the holidays.

Hey ewanzel, you never sent the wine from this contest.

I also checked with bfreebern and he has not received any wine from you either.

Just so other folks know, I have PM's ewanzel a couple of times regarding this and have not received a response.

I guess it was a joke!! He makes his own wine and can't even keep his word, I wonder what this so called wine taste like!

Back