• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Could the Redskins be for real?

JayBay

WTB Bratalias
I moved into the DC area in 1974, and have seen a whole bunch of ups and downs with the Redskins. In recent years...more downs than ups.

So this year, new coach; Jim Zorn. The guy has never been a head coach before. Immediately...I'm thinkin', "Great. Another idiotic Dan Snyder personnel move". Game one - we get toasted by the NY Giants, and I'm thinkin', "Okay. Here we go again". However, now they've rifled off four wins in a row - highlighted by an away game in Dallas last week and another away game in Philly today...two VERY tough places to play against two VERY tough teams. The 'Skins have yet to commit an offensive turnover, and are doing a great job controlling the clock and running the ball.

In past years when things started to go right, I've gotten my hopes up and been consistently let down...and so I'm a bit jaded. I'm thinking it's too early in the season to get my hopes up...but I'm starting to struggle with it. They look pretty darned good.

The Redskins looked good today. Good luck to you guys the rest of the season. (Coming from a disgruntled Eagles fan.)

I'm impressed with the Redskins so far. They took on all three division rivals and only lost to one, and beat the other two. After their opening game against the Giants, my first impressions were the Redskins weren't contenders in the NFC East, but after their win against Dallas and against the Eagles, they definitely proved their mettle. We'll definitely know by week 9.

Well they really need to get the ball into Moss's hands more. Guy was just killing it...and then no catches at all last game?

Portis has looked good, but you can't ride that train all season long.