• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Couple Questions Concerning An Estate Pipe...

JohnnyTex65

Good Morning!
In order to supplement my cigar smoking, I recently took to the pipe as well. In doing so...and as a beginner...I decided to pick up a couple lower priced estate pipes to see if I was actually going to enjoy this as much as I enjoy a fine cigar before I make the decision to drop a few more dollars on a more premium grade pipe. After taking the time to sit and sample several different English, Virginia/VaPer as well as a few aromatics...I have come to the conclusion that this is a hobby that I can definitely get into. I have since ordered a very nice Stanwell that I will dedicate to English blends exclusively...but that is the subject of another thread.

I have a couple questions regarding one of these estate pipes and I'm hoping you more experienced pipe smokers can lend me some of your expertise...and I thank you in advance.

The pipe in question is pictured below...with my cobb shown for size comparison. Also a second pic showing what is printed on the shaft.

IMG_0554_1.jpg
IMG_0555_1.jpg

I gave around $15 for this pipe with free shipping and it came from Greece. It isn't perfect as it has a nick on the top of the bowl and a few scratches on the bit...but no teeth chatter that I can see. Other than that...the inside of the bowl is in very good condition.

Ok...questions I have:

1. As you can see it's very small. You can see that compared to the MM cobb. What would be the intended purpose of such a small pipe?

Is this for sampling, a "pocket pipe" or such...a novelty maybe.

2. I have tried to Google what is embossed on the shaft and I have had no real luck. I gather from the lack of information and what I paid for it...that it isn't some extraordinary find...but I would like to know at least something about it. May I ask for some feedback on that as well please?

Thank you very much for your time!

John.

I would assume the size would just be personal preference. Having window shopped through many pipes, you see all sizes, all configurations, design, etc. If it's small I would assume it's intended for sampling or a smoker who prefers short and quick sessions.

That's kind of what I thought but I wanted to ask just to get some different opinions.
Kind of like...why toast up a 7x50 rg when you only have 30 minutes of time? This little guy will make a good pocket pipe when I'm short on time and just want to get in a quick smoke.

Thanks for the feedback!