• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Covering humidifier

pj_rage

Novice Cigar Smoker
I just finished setting up my new humi, but I currently have the humidifier (the 70% tall humidipuck) sectioned off with no cigars really near it. Is this necessary or can I put cigars right on it and bury it at the bottom? Does it need some "breathing room" or?

I just finished setting up my new humi, but I currently have the humidifier (the 70% tall humidipuck) sectioned off with no cigars really near it. Is this necessary or can I put cigars right on it and bury it at the bottom? Does it need some "breathing room" or?
Yes it needs breathing room. You don't have to section it off, but do not put anything on top of it.

Emo

I don't know what your humidor looks like - but can you fasten/afix the humidifier to the lid? Both of my Diamond Crowns have a metal plate in the lid (you can't see it) - so a humidifier with a magnet will attach. Other options would be magnetic strips and/or velcro.

Ron

It actually has a glass top, so I can't really do that :)

It isn't causing a problem, I just looked at it and realize I could probably fit 5-10 more cigars in if I were to cover it up.