• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP Chat

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Significant improvements have been made to chat over the years, including a log of activity. Let's try this again and see how it goes. Same rules apply to chat as the forum. All communication is logged and kept in an archive, so don't say something you wouldn't say on the public forum.

I believe there is a positive benefit to providing a live chatroom, and also creates an even more interactive community.

Benefit's of the new chat:
  • Hosted on it's own server, so it shouldn't slow down CP.
  • Designed by the same company that created the forum software we use.
  • Communication is logged and temporarily archived for accountability reasons.
  • I will look into hosting a weekly online chat, where perhaps we can have invited guests such as cigar mfgr's, etc.
There are a lot of benefits to this, so please respect the chatroom, and act as you would on the forum.

Thank you,
Rod

Where is this chat that you speak of? Or are you talking about the IM feature?

Rod I noticed you added it to the mobile function- when I get on mobile I only can chat with myself- no one else shows up.

There is a button already there.

Refresh and you should see it.

I have it there, but when I go to chat- I'm the only one to chat with. no one else shows up.

okay so I'm thinking chat and instant message are the same thing, and they are not.

I cycled through the themes and do not see a button/link for Chat, either.

Guys try this: If i sign off of CP it is there at the top next to shoutbox. If i sign back in it ges away. I IMed Rod and i think he is working on it. I cleared all my history and crap to and still it does the same.

Paul

Paul - it's something to do with your browsers history/cache. Try using another browser and see how it behaves. Did you clear all history/cache?

Where is this chat that you speak of? Or are you talking about the IM feature?

I think this is what he is talking about...
http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/chat

Who is it you got this link? I have not been able to find the CHAT room till i just clicked your link.

Rod can you add a button in the top bar for this chat room?

Someone posted the link in the shoutbox a few days ago, and I bookmarked it.

I have it there, but when I go to chat- I'm the only one to chat with. no one else shows up.

okay so I'm thinking chat and instant message are the same thing, and they are not.

I have the same problem, when I go to the chat it only shows me there. Maybe we are just special, and can only talk to ourselves...

I just tried it Rod, and I have the same issue as Paul. I can see the chat button when not logged in, when I log in it goes away.

I have cleared cache, history, all that crap. Even rebooted the computer, and still nothing. I am running Chrome, but also tried it with IE, and have the same problem.

Yea i have IE and just deleted and reboot everything and still the same issue!

I just tried it Rod, and I have the same issue as Paul. I can see the chat button when not logged in, when I log in it goes away.

I have cleared cache, history, all that crap. Even rebooted the computer, and still nothing. I am running Chrome, but also tried it with IE, and have the same problem.

When i clicked the link earlier I did see you in there so i dont think thats an issue i think its just having the access button!