• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CP Herf @ Bo's Cigars in Long Beach Saturday Nov 21st!

Charley,
Special Olympics on Los Coyotes Diaginal and Carson is a client of mine. I'm adding some phones there and will be back there in a week or so.
I'll PM you when I know I will be there. Il meet you at Bo's for another nooner.

Oh boy they're going to have fun with that one...

Matt, let me know too and I will try to head over with LA Kings Fan. :thumbs:

I figured that was you.
laugh.gif
I can't believe I didn't recognize you. I know we've herfed before at Stinkis lounge.

Bo's, a different type of place, I call it the sports bars of cigars. Pretty relaxing place, but can get packed with his regulars. But he welcomes business and always on the top end of service. Of-course the stogie-addicts that live there, run the shop time to time. I can be counted in and take a break from the wigwam's. count me in.

Kumar Patel

Just an update really quickly. Charles and I are tossing around ideas that will hopefully make the evening enjoyable as well as enabling everyone to share in the goodness. So stay toon folks!

Just an update really quickly. Charles and I are tossing around ideas that will hopefully make the evening enjoyable as well as enabling everyone to share in the goodness. So stay toon folks!

But the thing about bo's the local consume the sitting, for others to stand around in the circle? The lay out is good, but can get complicated. But locals seems to over power non daily smokers at the shop. Are we doing a BBQ in the back? When is the herf ?

Kumar

Strippers, midgets, a bunch of whipped cream cans, 1 road flare, 25 buckets, donkey.

That's just the opening show.
:laugh:

BTW Shant, if there's a Kings game that night can we make sure a TV is tuned to it?

But the thing about bo's the local consume the sitting, for others to stand around in the circle? The lay out is good, but can get complicated. But locals seems to over power non daily smokers at the shop. Are we doing a BBQ in the back? When is the herf ?

Kumar

Kumar,
There will be plenty of people parking, both in the roof and surrounding property. The upside to having the locals present will be their amazing welcome power. Become a local yourself! We'll be on hand to welcome folks that can't make it often or don't have their own favorite chair. It's the fact that we all know each other that makes Bo's one of our favorite pads. Come join in - it's nice on the "Bo side."

*EDIT* - The upstairs patio seats two hundred, there will be more than enough room for everyone. Date will be set soon, we are going to be checking with Pete Johnson to see if there is any chance we can get him or his right hand man out for the event. We have to keep the date flexible to have a shot at getting Tatuaje out at the shop.

Strippers, midgets, a bunch of whipped cream cans, 1 road flare, 25 buckets, donkey.

That's just the opening show.
:laugh:

BTW Shant, if there's a Kings game that night can we make sure a TV is tuned to it?

Jeff, I do not see why that would be a problem so if the stars and plants aline we will have a awesome herf to go along with the Kings winning!

For those of us that would like to go, but live an hour plus from Bo's...

Total Travel Estimates: 1 hour 30 minutes / 82.13 miles

Please don't make the date on a weekday. Saturday or Sunday will assure a "Big" turn out.

Thanks for setting this HERF up!!!

-KiltLad

For those of us that would like to go, but live an hour plus from Bo's...

Total Travel Estimates: 1 hour 30 minutes / 82.13 miles

Please don't make the date on a weekday. Saturday or Sunday will assure a "Big" turn out.

Thanks for setting this HERF up!!!

-KiltLad

I can't promise if it will be a Saturday or Sunday, only because right now we are still on the fence for the date. I'm trying to get Tatuaje to come out, and with Pete's busy schedule we have to see if we can match up a free day in his calendar to our herf.

It looks like we will be having a drawing as well during the party, Bo is going to be donating a yet undetermined box or two of cigars to give to some poor lucky soul. Poker has been confirmed, and depending on how many people show interest we may have more than one or two tables. Catering has been set as well, and I am still working on getting the cigar roller to come and work his magic. Slowly but surely, this is coming together. I'll have more info at the end of this week, maybe even sooner! :D I'm just waiting to hear back from Pete, it may be a few days as he is leaving for Germany today.

Dude...this event smells of "epic-ness."

Almost as awesome as the Zombie Apocalypse!

Well, after looking at the calendar and talking to Bo, the tentative date set for this will be November 14th, Saturday, starting at 5:00 PM most likely. Dates and times are subject to change obviously, especially if there is a lot of input saying that date doesn't work. I'll update the top post to reflect this information. :thumbs:

Well, just heard back from Andy over at Tatuaje. Pretty much they are booked solid until April of next year, so I'll be concentrating on getting a different company out to do the event portion of the herf. Sorry gents. :(

Awesome! It'll be good having you there Jon! :D

Looks like Oliva will be doing the event portion of the herf.

Also, there is a very high probability that we will be doing a drawing for a box of cigars as well. Everyone who comes gets a ticket, and later in the evening there will be a drawing. First pick gets the box of cigars, and we may have a few fivers for second and third prizes, though that isn't 100% concrete yet. The box of cigars hasn't been decided on yet, but we're going to make sure whatever it is is something nice, no dog rockets allowed!

Current plans (semi-concrete):

- Date: November 14th, Saturday @ 5pm
- Food provided in the form of Italian deli style six foot sub sandwiches, as well as side dishes
- Complimentary sodas and water
- Oliva Event with a rep on site for great deals on cigars
- Poker! One table for sure with a second in reserve depending on interest
- Drawing for free box of cigars, with second and third prizes

Awesome! It'll be good having you there Jon! :D

Looks like Oliva will be doing the event portion of the herf.

Also, there is a very high probability that we will be doing a drawing for a box of cigars as well. Everyone who comes gets a ticket, and later in the evening there will be a drawing. First pick gets the box of cigars, and we may have a few fivers for second and third prizes, though that isn't 100% concrete yet. The box of cigars hasn't been decided on yet, but we're going to make sure whatever it is is something nice, no dog rockets allowed!

Current plans (semi-concrete):

- Date: November 14th, Saturday @ 5pm
- Food provided in the form of Italian deli style six foot sub sandwiches, as well as side dishes
- Complimentary sodas and water
- Oliva Event with a rep on site for great deals on cigars
- Poker! One table for sure with a second in reserve depending on interest
- Drawing for free box of cigars, with second and third prizes

If the date stays the same,
I'll be there. Jon, I'm wearing my sober face that day!
Crquarto, thanks for organizing this.