• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CRA Alert - Orange County, Fl

woodbm

Drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke
How ridiculous! "County employees are required to sign an affidavit which states that any employee who enjoys more than four cigars per year they will be fined $650 each year they violate the tobacco policy." Glad I don't live there.

Link to CRA Article

Sounds like they are becoming a dry...errrr, smokeless town.
I hope they don't rely a lot on tourism and hospitality!

This type of action doesn't surprise me and I wouldn't be surprised if a lawsuit is being worked on as I type this. Telling an employee what they can do on their free time crosses the line. I can see a no drug policy or no coming to work drunk. But if I want to smoke 3000 cigars in one year, that is my right. It is a legal product in the USA. I'm just going to step off the soap box before I really blow a gasket. :laugh:

This type of action doesn't surprise me and I wouldn't be surprised if a lawsuit is being worked on as I type this. Telling an employee what they can do on their free time crosses the line. I can see a no drug policy or no coming to work drunk. But if I want to smoke 3000 cigars in one year, that is my right. It is a legal product in the USA. I'm just going to step off the soap box before I really blow a gasket.
laugh.gif

The $$$ is to cover the extra insurance cost due to rising premiums caused by free healthcare.

:sign:

This type of action doesn't surprise me and I wouldn't be surprised if a lawsuit is being worked on as I type this. Telling an employee what they can do on their free time crosses the line. I can see a no drug policy or no coming to work drunk. But if I want to smoke 3000 cigars in one year, that is my right. It is a legal product in the USA. I'm just going to step off the soap box before I really blow a gasket.
laugh.gif

The $$$ is to cover the extra insurance cost due to rising premiums caused by free healthcare.

:sign:

You know I can't wait for the rest of the USA to receive proper health care like us Veterans receive. It will be an honor and a privilege to see how others react to the best health care in the world that us Veterans are so honored to have. Everyone in the USA should be completely and utterly grateful to be able to enjoy the wonderful health care Veterans have. Since I already receive free health care as a Disabled Veteran, I am completely humbled that the rest of the USA will feel like that got a huge bargain.

I sure hope my sarcasm dripping with disdain comes across so its clear where I stand. Ok ok...I definitely need to smoke a cigar as a 5 to 6 Espresso has me wired. :laugh:

Kind of ridiculous. What I want to know is, how are they going to know if you have smoked more than 4 in one year?

The other thing I am not hitting on either is that in the article it states that there is an outdoor ban as well as an indoor one? Outdoors? Seriously? Can i make a fire and burn wood in a county park? What about grilling and burning my steak..is that not allowed either? Jeez...

Does anyone know if the indoor ban includes cigar bars, or cigar bars that are allowed to serve alcohol and/or food? In michigan, you can smoke in the cigar bar, but they can't serve food or drink...just wondering.

I can't wait to see what the threshold for acceptable yearly consumption of cheeseburgers will be.

The indoor ban is based on a % of food sales to total sales. Sell too much food and no smoking
Thats why Corona only sells a Cuban sand.The outdoor ban is effective on all county property parks, sidewalks, streets etc.

Kind of ridiculous. What I want to know is, how are they going to know if you have smoked more than 4 in one year?

The other thing I am not hitting on either is that in the article it states that there is an outdoor ban as well as an indoor one? Outdoors? Seriously? Can i make a fire and burn wood in a county park? What about grilling and burning my steak..is that not allowed either? Jeez...

Does anyone know if the indoor ban includes cigar bars, or cigar bars that are allowed to serve alcohol and/or food? In michigan, you can smoke in the cigar bar, but they can't serve food or drink...just wondering.

Thanks for the clarification, donzz. Its funny you mention corona, because it was the specific reason I asked. When I was in town for the Daytona 500, we stopped by there, and I had a smoke, but I found it nice you could buy a sandwich and/or have a drink as well while enjoying one. I suppose the outdoor ban wasn't in effect then, but would it cover the property in front of corona? Because we also sat outside a bit...good times.

I wonder how this effects Daytona Speedway as well, or is that a different area altogether? They were selling/cutting/lighting cigars right there near the ramps leading up to the stands. Again, I found that very pleasant. I didn't actually smoke in my seat because I am aware of others around me, but it was nice to light one up and just hang out by the fence and watch the race, or wander over into the pit area and not have to worry about it.