• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cracked open a box...

moki

el Presidente
I cracked open a box of Padrón 1964 Anniversary Maduros from 1999, and smoked 'em with my brother and some guys at my cigar club while we played poker and watched the playoffs.

It's amazing how much 5 years or so of age on these cigars just makes what was already excellent about them utterly extraordinary. So smooth, mild hints of chocolate, spice, and sweetness, but married together in such a wonderful way.

New recommendation: age your PAMs for 4-5 years, then smoke 'em.

ya know, if you keep posting reviews like this and convince me to stop buying scotch and buy better cigars there won't be any of this good stuff left for you. ;) ???

AVB said:
ya know, if you keep posting reviews like this and convince me to stop buying scotch and buy better cigars there won't be any of this good stuff left for you. ;) ???
[snapback]158198[/snapback]​

It'd better be damn good, because I've found few Scotches I enjoy drinking! :)

Great minds think alike.....I just purchased a box of PAM '64 Principe's and have locked it into my humi time capsule for as long as I can. It is good to know that the wait does them that much good. :thumbs: :D

Holding out for 4-5 years. I've can hardly hold out for a month lol!

I know what you're trying to tell me but it didn't come out the way you thought. Anyway, when you come down for a herf I'll match you shot for cigar as I've got more 30 year old scotches then you have 30 year old cigars. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

moki said:
AVB said:
ya know, if you keep posting reviews like this and convince me to stop buying scotch and buy better cigars there won't be any of this good stuff left for you.  ;)  ???
[snapback]158198[/snapback]​

It'd better be damn good, because I've found few Scotches I enjoy drinking! :)
[snapback]158250[/snapback]​

I couldn't agree more. I'm working my way through a box of natural Piramides from '99. Extraordinary is an excellent choice of words.

yeah right...thats like telling me when i was 6 not to open my star wars figures and keep them all in an airtight vaccum because when im 30 they will be worth much more.

I have never tasted a 4 or 5 year old aged PAM, I bet that IS really outstanding. Wow :0

:whistling:

Man quit making me drool! I'm tired of keeping up with the Andrew's (lol..not Jone's) :D

I know the ones I get fresh are outstanding, I couldn't imagine one with 4-5 years on it! :love: Besides, I'm just a mini-Padron whore in training :sign:

Just had an Imperial that was almost two years old and I can already taste the difference. Smooth as silk. Will definitely stash a few for a long time.

I would have trouble keeping my hands of them for 4-5 years but I'm certainly going to try :D

On the same note; Ric and I had a couple of Padron 4000s from 00' recently and they were amazing. That stick was one of the best domestic smokes I've ever had (yes, even better than some 64s and 26s I've had :0 ). Now I'm trying to age all of my Padrons for a few years :love:

moki said:
New recommendation: age your PAMs for 4-5 years, then smoke 'em.
[snapback]158190[/snapback]​

not an unreasonable recommendation... for those lucky enough to be sitting on a stash like yours! :p

I think I'd need to have 'em locked up by somebody else, unidentified, in an undisclosed location and not given to me (under any circumstances) until 2010.

WHAT?! "2010"? :0 That sounds like light-years from now when we're talkin' PAMs! :0

:p

The Padrón Millenniums are about the same age now.... mmmm, bet they are smoking nice too. Gotta give them a shot soon.

moki said:
The Padrón Millenniums are about the same age now.... mmmm, bet they are smoking nice too. Gotta give them a shot soon.
[snapback]158846[/snapback]​
ahhh...nothing like salt in a fresh, gaping wound.
:laugh: