• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Craigslist prank costs man thousands of dollars

imaman

Reaction score
I just saw the story on the evening news. Had to google the whole story, and found a few sites with the story. This is one of them. Still amazes me how low people will stoop. I don't think it was a prank, more like some sort of revenge or getting even.

Gerard.

After reading the article, I am really suprised...

It's when things like these happen that many lose faith, is he a smoker? Let's send the guy some stogies! :thumbs: He will realize that not ALL people are selfish and greedy, and maybe we could restore some of his faith in humanity.

Wow, that is something horrible and it happened on my side of town. Hopefully he gets all of his stuff back. I don't know how I'd react in that situation. It would be hard being one person to take on a mob like that... Unless I get the AR15 I've been wanting. :laugh:

Wonder how many copy cat incidents this will spark as the story spreads across the 'net.

Well, let's not rush to defend this guy so fast. What if he really is a scumbag and deserved that and worse? What if he was the guy that broke into LilBastage and Marco's houses? Or the article said he's a contractor, perhaps he's screwed a bunch of people out of their money and never finished jobs? Or what if he was the landscaper that screwed us last year on a job and we had to pay $10000 over the original bid (contract)?

There's certainly people on this earth that deserve that kind of "prank" to be pulled on them. And there's lots of folks that don't.

Well, let's not rush to defend this guy so fast. What if he really is a scumbag and deserved that and worse? What if he was the guy that broke into LilBastage and Marco's houses? Or the article said he's a contractor, perhaps he's screwed a bunch of people out of their money and never finished jobs? Or what if he was the landscaper that screwed us last year on a job and we had to pay $10000 over the original bid (contract)?

There's certainly people on this earth that deserve that kind of "prank" to be pulled on them. And there's lots of folks that don't.

Hey if anyone finds a Dell laptop, Prometheus OpusX "V" cutter, Tag Heuer watch or some HTF cigars at this guy's house...LEMME KNOW!

Lol. I'm not so sure. This must have had to suck though. I would definitely sue the shit out of whoever put this 'prank' on the net. If this dude does manage to get all his stuff back...his privacy has been invaded, his house torn through (or at least barn and poarch) and the headache of all of this. Stupid prank no matter what the 'reason' as now this person is porbably going to jail. LOL

Gotta be a psycho ex-wife or girlfriend! As f^cked up as it is. . . creativity doesn't begin to describe this. I'll bet who ever it was never thought that it would actually work and just thought it would be funny to have people show up at this guys house to mess with him, not actually take his stuff! Oh wait, that's what the defense will say :laugh:

Nick

Unless whoever did this took a ton of precautions, it should be easy enough to track.

Absolutely. If it were me looking for revenge however, I'd order a truck load of cow manure,in his name of course, and have it dumped in his driveway.

Doc.

They had something like this on Craig's list awile back. In fact, that is how I first learned about the site. You would think, they would be able to stop this before it actually happens. No one, no matter how bad they are deserves to be treated like that.

Cruel Craigslist Hoaxers Busted

APRIL 1--A week after dozens of people ransacked an Oregon home in response to a Craigslist ad offering its contents for free, police have arrested a couple for orchestrating the online hoax as part of a bid to cover up an earlier burglary at the property. Brandon and Amber Herbert were nabbed last night for allegedly posting the March 22 Craigslist ad, which claimed that the Jacksonville ranch's owner had to leave town so suddenly that his belongings--which included a horse--were available for the taking. The Herberts, investigators charge, did this to cover up their prior theft of several saddles and other items from the garage of the rural southern Oregon house, which is owned by contractor Robert Salisbury. After learning of the Craigslist ad, Salisbury returned to his property to find about 30 people rummaging through his home and remaining belongings. After subpoenaing Craigslist records, Jackson County Sheriff's Office investigators traced the online posting to the Herberts, according to the below probable cause affidavit. As a result, Brandon, 29, and Amber, 28, were both hit with burglary and computer crime charges. They are pictured in the above mug shots. (3 pages)

LINKY

They were trying to cover up a theft of items THEY stole.

Nice idea - bad implentation.