• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cranberry Vodka

duglynukem

Nuclear Advocate
The wife likes an occasional cosmopolitan so I decided to make my own flavored vodka. I bought a cool bottle at a craft store, a few bags of dried cranberries, and some inexpensive vodka (UV). I stuffed all the cranberries in the bottle, filled it with vodka and waited 10 days.

Voila, cranberry vodka.

So yesterday I poured some into a shaker of ice got it good and cold and served it with a couple of cranberries and a sliver of orange peel.

She dubbed it her official "Mothers Day Cocktail"

BTW, I served up gummy bears I have been soaking in vodka as an ice cream topping for dessert.

I have been wanting to try infusing vodka with fruit. I want to try oranges but I'm not sure how it will turn out. I only drink vodka in Black Russians so I want to try something that will go with the coffee taste of the Kahlua. I'm not sure oranges would be the best thing but it's worth a shot.

I've soaked gummy bears in vodka but never thought about putting them in ice cream, great idea!

Did you add any sugar with the cranberries? 

I use to fill a small jar with raspberries, cover the berries with a little sugar, and then add vodka.  The sugar would cut off the tartness but I had to be careful not to use too much.  Maybe dried cranberries can stand on their own without the sugar though. 

pyro92 said:
I have been wanting to try infusing vodka with fruit. I want to try oranges but I'm not sure how it will turn out. I only drink vodka in Black Russians so I want to try something that will go with the coffee taste of the Kahlua. I'm not sure oranges would be the best thing but it's worth a shot.

I've soaked gummy bears in vodka but never thought about putting them in ice cream, great idea!
Try coffee beans.

punk_lawyer said:
Did you add any sugar with the cranberries? 

I use to fill a small jar with raspberries, cover the berries with a little sugar, and then add vodka.  The sugar would cut off the tartness but I had to be careful not to use too much.  Maybe dried cranberries can stand on their own without the sugar though. 
The dried cranberries are sweetened when prepped for drying. I think a little orange peel will be in the next batch.

Good idea.  My wife enjoys cranberry & vodka.  Maybe I'll try and infuse some and see if she likes it.