• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Crazy local street names

I thought this might be kind of fun after reading through Z's "travel to work" thread. So rather than threadjack..

Whats the craziest, most funny, or just plain weird street name in your local area?

I would have to say here "Chicken Dinner Rd" takes the cake. The funny part of it is 49er quarterback Cody Pickett grew up there. :laugh:

Whats the best one where you are?

I thought this might be kind of fun after reading through Z's "travel to work" thread. So rather than threadjack..

Whats the craziest, most funny, or just plain weird street name in your local area?

I would have to say here "Chicken Dinner Rd" takes the cake. The funny part of it is 49er quarterback Cody Pickett grew up there. :laugh:

Whats the best one where you are?

Old Cummer.

THis may not be the funniest : Gurleyville Road in CT
but the first time a saw it my mind read it as Girlyville Rd.

I was having a 4/20 day beack then!!!

What about 'Hangdog Lane?' :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well let's see, I live on Gingerale Trail. For which I'm starting to get tired of repeating and explaining to people. "You mean Gingerale Trail, just like the pop?"

But my neighbors a little farther down the lake live on "Frankie Dankie Lane"

When we lived in Vegas, the small development we were in had all of the streets named after celestial things, like Asteroid Pl, Sickle Lane, and Hydra Lane (where we lived).

In fact, in the past when we've been in the market for a home, we've passed on certain houses just because they were on streets with dumb names.

Greetings! There is a street here in Kerrville, TX, named "Gasoline Alley". Perhaps this street was named for the "Gasoline Alley" newspaper comic strip, which has been around for more than 75 years. Regards, knightlaird

I drive on that road regularly, it's in Mansfield! :laugh:

Here's a couple:

Climax Road (Simsbury, CT)
Bedlam Road (Chaplin, CT)

For the rest of you, put down the name of the town and the state where the road is located for additional submissions if you can.

Nothing really funny in my neiborhood..

acctually, every road within a 1km radias of my house is anmed after a deer of some sort. I guess thats slightly odd?

-eland
-gazzell
-blezbock
-springboc
-antalope
-nigglute...??

Here's a good story, in Mansfield, CT a guy was developing his family's farm and put in a road. When a developer puts in a road THEY get to make the decision on what to name the road. The self-righteous clowns on the Planning & Zoning Commission were pressuring him to name the road after a past US President. Since the P&Z Commission had been giving him a hard time during the subdivision process, he named the road after his dog. :laugh:

Lodi Drive in Mansfield, CT :laugh:

While the street name may not be funny, the story certainlly is because the road will now be named this until the end of time. :laugh:

Uranus Drive in Bradenton, FL

It's not like all the streets in the area are named after planets...they just decided to name this street after THAT planet, I guess. :D

In Milwaukee we have Kinnickinnic River Pkwy pronounced Kin-e-kin-eck or some pronounce it Ka nick Ka nick.

In Green Bay there is Brett Favre Pass, Holmgren Way and 1265 Lombardi Ave which is the address of Lambeau Field (must be said with a deep voice) :)
Don't look for any Mike Sherman street though.

I grew up in the Duluth MN area. There is a bridge that spans from Duluth MN to Superior WI called the Bong Bridge. It wasn't until I was much older and no longer living in the area that I found out it was named after Dick Bong, the WWII flying ace of aces who lived his short life in Superior. All this time I had thought perhaps Cheech and Chong were on the planning committee. :p