• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Creative(wood charcoal)smoking

BSchmidt1981

Nothing is better than firing up the smoker on a Saturday morning, cracking a cold one (it's 5 o'clock somewhere) and lighting up a good stick. That being said I'm curious...whats the craziest and/or most unique thing you've put in your smoker? I purchased a smoker this summer and kicked myself for not doing it years ago. I have started off slow with the usual. Brisket, Tri-tip, pork shoulder ect. I think for my next go round in addition to the meat I'm going to try Mac n' cheese. Have you smoked anything out of the ordinary?

I put 2 beggars and a crack whore in mine.....

Nothing is better than firing up the smoker on a Saturday morning, cracking a cold one (it's 5 o'clock somewhere) and lighting up a good stick.

I agree with you. I love a day full of smoking meat, cigars and beer!

I have smoked mac n cheese, peach cobbler, and pizza. I loved the mac n cheese and the other two were very unique. :laugh:

Take a look at this sight http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/f/. I learned alot from these guys and they have smoked almost anything you can imagine!

Not yet but I am planning on doing a meatloaf one day soon. What kind of smoker you have? I bought a WSM 18.5 inch about a year ago and love it.

I do meatloaf and it is outstanding. I also do hambugers, fatties, Atomic buffalo turds. Almost anything can be somked.

Wow! Great ideas guys! Meatloaf in and of itself is in my top 5 foods. Smoked meatloaf? That sounds nearly to good to be true. I would love to do pizza as well. I have heard of a lot of people doing cobbler also. I usually stuff myself with to much meat to have any room for dessert. I picked up my first smoker this summer. Its a lower end model (http://www.brinkmann.net/products/outdoor_cooking/charcoal_smokers_and_grills/details.aspx?item=810-5503-S) but I love it more and more every time I use it. I saw one one of the Green Eggs at our state fair this year. Looked pretty neat. I'll have to add one of those to my patio come retirement. I had the idea the other day to grow some sun flowers next year and smoke my own seeds. Just a though.

Thinking of putting a turkey in the smoker for Thanksgiving this year. Anyone ever done a whole turkey before?

I'd be shocked if somebody hasn't, I will be trying it sometime but I'd rather try and get chicken down first. I bought my first smoker about two weeks ago and went the electric route. So far I've done shrimp, burgers, hot dogs, sausage and meatballs(to throw into ready-made sauces). The shrimp was outstanding! Saturday we have friends coming over and I'm going to try and cold smoke some cheese in the morning, then do shrimp again that evening. Meatloaf and mac-n-cheese sound really really good, let us know if you try them.

Thinking of putting a turkey in the smoker for Thanksgiving this year. Anyone ever done a whole turkey before?

Did it this year in fact. 16lb fresh turkey from a friend. Brined for 24 hrs in Slaughterhouse brine, injected and smoked at 250 for about 6 1/2 hrs with Apple wood in my Smokehouse Vault. It was EXCELLENT!

As far as unusual, for me anyway, I did a prime rib roast one year in the Vault. I'll probably never cook it any other way again. Just unbelievable smoked with Mesquite to rare. Geez, I'm hungry now.

9 pound 20in. bacon weaved smoked fatty.

I really want to do another fatty, but every time I think seriously about it, my heart starts beating irregularly. LOL I don't think my cholesterol level has room for it!

Did it this year in fact. 16lb fresh turkey from a friend. Brined for 24 hrs in Slaughterhouse brine, injected and smoked at 250 for about 6 1/2 hrs with Apple wood in my Smokehouse Vault. It was EXCELLENT!

As far as unusual, for me anyway, I did a prime rib roast one year in the Vault. I'll probably never cook it any other way again. Just unbelievable smoked with Mesquite to rare. Geez, I'm hungry now.

9 pound 20in. bacon weaved smoked fatty.

I really want to do another fatty, but every time I think seriously about it, my heart starts beating irregularly. LOL I don't think my cholesterol level has room for it!

If cholesterol is the worry, do one of out ground turkey and leave off the bacon. I have seen it done and its marvelous. Just remember to lower your temp to and increase your cooking time so that the inside gets done as you can't afford turkey to have any "pinkness" to the meat as you would ground beef.