• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cross-Marrying?

I was doing a little reading and ran across this term (cross-marrying) with regard to storing unwrapped cigars of differing brands in "intimate proximity" to one another.
Do any of you experts know anything about this? I guess the idea is that eventually the cigars lose some of their individual uniqueness having been "contaminated" by other brands.
Is this of any concern? How many of you store unwrapped cigars of differing brands together in drawers or such?

It's not an issue, unless you plan on keeping the cigars in intimate contact for years and years.

Doc.

Its not an issue in my experience unless you are talking about flavored cigars. In which case you should separate them into their own humidor entirely. They will permeate the wood and possibly imprint it permanently. Same goes for clove cigarettes. They will absolutely destroy a humidor.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the replies. I didn't figure it was an issue except with flavoreds as pmp mentioned but I thought I'd ask the guys who know more than I do.