• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Crown Royal

WANNABE

I`m running low on my Glenfiddich 12 year single malt
and an looking for a new bottle of something. A friend
told me about No16 CASK has anyone out there tried it
yet and what do you think?

There's already a thread about this somewhere on here but I'll give my 2 cents. Cask No. 16 is quickly becoming my favorite sipping liquor...even more so than Scotch. I got a bottle when it came out and I can't stop drinking it. It's very very smooth and the cognac imparts a nice sweet fruit like flavor. I will be replacing my bottle when it's gone.

I posted about this product around a month or so ago. I agree with Greg in that it was quite smooth. The thing is, I found it almost too smooth. I felt the sweetness of Cask no. 16 was a bit overbearing. Admittedly, I'm neither a fan of Crown Royal nor cognac. This being said, I can see how others would simply adore this spirit.

My birthday is tomorrow, and I've been looking to track this down as a "self-bday" present for the holidays/new year. Unfortunately, no local stores have it, and its illegal to get this stuff shipped into my state from any business.

Anyone have a good line on it and is willing to send it on up to me? Can trade cigars/possible $ (which is in increasingly short supply, unfortunately).

I really like their Special Reserve for a nice, lighter-bodied whisky with mild to medium cigars.

The local liquor store doesn't the Cask No. 16 in yet, but I'd love to pick up a bottle once they get some in.

I have been looking at it as well, but is it worth $80 a bottle?

Don't know if it is worth the cash, but I stopped in on Hi-Times (Newport Beach, CA) Friday and they had a good amount of bottles.

www.shoppersvineyard.com has it for $79 a bottle but that doesn't include shipping...my local liquor store has it for $75 a bottle.

I think it's worth the money as it's smoother and more flavorful than any Crown I've ever had. And even though I've never had the XR I would venture a guess that it is about the same with a better finish due to the congac.