• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cruzado Cigars

Rconectn

King of Scotland
I just smoked the Avalito cigar last night and found it to be a little powerhouse. According to Dion he describes this blend as full flavored / medium bodied - toned down by using viso instead of the stronger ligero in the filler. I wonder why it felt more on the full bodied side, could it be because of the size of the cigar 4 X 46? Anyone else had the chance to smoke this same size or any other sizes?

I have the six cigar sampler resting in the humi for a little while. I can't wait to fire one up, thanks for the review I'll probably try one this weekend.

I have a box of the dante's and have them resting for now. I want to let the sit for a bit before I dip into them.

I've smoked the stick in three different sizes this week. I have to say that I enjoyed the Dantes most of all of them, namely due to the relaxed draw and the flavors tasted a bit more refined. I think it's a great cigar, but I personally think it might be a little overpriced for what it is.

Interesting... I just smoked an Avalito last night after receiving a sampler. It started off like it was going to be a little powerhouse with a bit of spice but after about a half inch, it did a 180, losing all it's spice and I was struggling to get a taste from it. It picked up a bit towards the end but overall, seemed to be a mild to medium tasting smoke.

I'm going to let the others sit a bit and try again.

Had my first Cruzado last weekend (Domenicos - corona gorda). It was a powerhouse. Flavors started off very good, but got even better in the final third. I like full bodied sticks, and this one did not disappoint.

Here's an explanation I got from someone on another board:

Rconectn, Dion said that the rollers were rolling the stronger part of the leaves downward more towards the foot of the cigar which is way I got a burst of power within the very first puffs. He is speaking with the factory and working to correct this so the blend is more consistent throughout.

Down to the last inch of a Dante I'm smoking right now. It started off medium bodied, but I'd say it has definitely has kicked up to full. Its a nice smoke; perfect draw and burn. I'd mention the flavors, but I'd probably just end up embarrassing myself.

SInce I am lucky enough to work at a B & M that carries these I have smoked all of the sizes now and since they released i have smoked at least one a day. I think they are the best new cigar of the year. The complexity of the flavor profile, construction, burn, draw, appearance, etc.. are all fantastic in my mind. I tend to think these are on the fuller side of the spectrum then the advertised medium body/full flavor. My favorites are the Dantes and the Elitas with the Marelas at a close third. I found the Marelas to be a bit less spicy than the rest of the vitolas. You should definitely give these a try if you haven't had a chance to smoke one yet.