• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cruzado Marelas

jy0567

Mr.Young
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Criollo
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua, Honduras
Vitola:perfecto. About 5.5×44

Pre Light

This is a very attractive perfecto. Wrapper is very smooth with small veins and a nice ruddy brown. The cigar is uniformly firm and has a nice feel to it. The cigar clipped easily and the prelight draw had a sweet earthy taste to it and was just a tad on the loose side.
353218919.jpg

1/3

The cigar lit up very easily and i was rewarded with a nice volume of smoke. Initial flavors are a sweet cedar but with a meaty undertone along with some cocoa and coffee. The body is on the light side of medium even with the good smoke production. There is just a hint of spice tickling my tongue and back of the throat. The ash is loose and flaky, but holding so far. As I near the end of the first third the cigar starts to develop a marked leathery flavor and the ash begins to curl.
353218931.jpg

353218945.jpg

353218962.jpg

2/3

Well, the cigar amazingly held its ash into the second third as pictured above which was surprising with how curled it was. The leathery flavor has taken over the undertone of the cigar, with a slight sweetness over the top. The body is starting to pick up quickly leaving a very pleasant sweet creamy aftertaste. There is a touch of coffee bitterness.The ash finally falls towards the end of the middle 3rd and the smoke and body begin to really pick up to more of a midium to full smoke.
353218978.jpg

3/3

As I get down to the last couple inches the spice is picking up a bit. One thing you can say about this cigar is that it is not boring. The leathery undertone has remained but it seems to constantly shift in waves of sweetness and spiciness with a really nice coffee flavor too. The draw has firmed up a tad, but everything is still coming along great. The cigar is definitely in the medium full range edging on the full to me.l. As I hit the last inch the cedar flavor is coming back to the forefront, though the spice/pepper is still tingling the roof of the mouth.
353219009.jpg

353219015.jpg

Final Thought

This a pretty good cigar. Total smoke time 1:30. The flavors are great and always changing. Excellent flavors, great construction. I would recommend this cigar but coming from a noob i doubt anyone would take my word. Now to get a few more of these.

I have had mixed results with these including one that was just plain awful. By and large the construction has been good but the tastes have been eratic. I am holding off on this line until I get some reviews showing that consistency has been established.

Boy that burn sure looks funky... That would drive me nuts... ???

Would you buy a box? That's the question I always want to know the answer to.

Thats a good question. I cant give you an answer after just one. I'll smoke atleast 2 more before i even think about making that purchase.

Yep - that's absolutely the true measure of a good cigar. If you're willing to buy a box as long as they're not something like $1 a piece... :D

Thats a good question. I cant give you an answer after just one. I'll smoke atleast 2 more before i even think about making that purchase.

I've found smoking at least 3 of any one cigar does give you a good idea of the quality and consistency! :thumbs:

Nice review. I have smoked a couple of the other sizes and I thought they weren't bad, but tasted really young

Thanks for the review and pics! I have also had sort of a mixed bag of results with these.

I to think they taste young. I've only experienced the Dantes. I would not buy a box myself.

Brian

Nice review and great pics. I love this blend. I've purchased several boxes and smoked through them all. This cigar (Dante vitola) is my everyday smoke at the moment.

Geoff