• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cuaba ELs - Mold -Yuk!

Wow that is one of the worst cases of mold I have ever seen.:0 I hope your source makes good on the situation, thank you for sharing those pictures.

Some of the mold looks like spider webs it is so thick. Too bad, that's just nasty looking.

:0 That's just plain scary. I hope you're contacting your source to take care of that.

Thats nasty! I placed my order for some three days ago...fingers crossed that they dont look like that!!

What are you guys talking about?! That's plume!! :sign: I'm sure that's what the source will say. That is some scary looking mold brother, hopefully the source makes it right for you.

Ridiculous. They must have had them at 75% plus for at least a couple of months. Absolutely horrific.

I think I threw up a little in the back of my mouth. I have NEVER seen it that bad. Let us know if your source makes good. That's just horrible. By the way did you break the seals, or did it have a "inspected" warranty sticker applied (or pre-inspected by your source)? If it did dude probably thinks it's "plume" :sign:

The cigars were shipped to me sealed by my request, so no vendor inspection.

The vendor has always done right by me (used them for 3-4 years), although I never had to send anything back nor any complaints (which is a good thing).

The vendor is claiming that its plume even AFTER I sent photos. I have responded that I disagree and want them exchanged or for me to send back for a refund.

I have received several PMs asking about the vendor, Right now I think it would be irresponsible of me to "out" the vendor. It's not that I don't want to share information, but I don't want to directly/indirectly "bad mouth" a vendor at this point.

I would seriously consider not doing any business with this vendor in the future if they believe that is plume.

I would seriously consider not doing any business with this vendor in the future if they believe that is plume.
x2

It only takes one bad transaction to loose a customer....a good company is measured by their ability to handle issues like this.

How any knowledgeable cigar vendor could call that plume based on your detailed photos is just horrible. That's a head shaker.

Please keep us posted and Good Luck.

x2

It only takes one bad transaction to loose a customer....a good company is measured by their ability to handle issues like this.

How any knowledgeable cigar vendor could call that plume based on your detailed photos is just horrible. That's a head shaker.

Please keep us posted and Good Luck.

Agreed. ANY cigar vendor that would call that plume is intentionally ripping you off. Sorry to see those sticks destroyed by mold.

Here's a link to a thread over at CF with some Monte #2's with the same story. Vendor says its plume...I was told who the vendor was and it surprised me because I use them a lot and haven't had an issue. It wouldn't surprise me if it was the same vendor. In the end they refunded the guys money after he sent them back.

http://lounge.cigarfamily.com/showthread.p...highlight=plume

edit for spelling error.

Hmm... If I was the vendor I would falling over myself to send you out a replacement box and would make double sure they were in pristine shape. I would also be looking into how these sticks were stored. :sign: :sign:

My first box from a certain vendor I wanted it unopened (yeah yeah stupid me).. Anyways I opened it up when I got it and there was mold.. it was borderline tolerable. It was the white stuff that normally you can just brush off, but I saw some on the foot so I asked to send it back.. The vendor didn't tell me it was plume, but implied that I take a second look just in case it was..

I took a look a second time and said it was still mold. Sent it back, got a refund on the full purchase price AND my cost to ship it back.

Despite the good service from the vendor, lesson learned: Ask the vendor to inspect the box before shipping :)

Despite the good service from the vendor, lesson learned: Ask the vendor to inspect the box before shipping :)

Thats a good thing to do,but you also need to trust your vendor.
If you want the box to be opened for checkup you must trust him not to do funny things.

I'm sorry to hear about the mold issue,in my opinion they should have refunded you the money no questions asked,after all you said you were using them for years.
I doubt you'll ever do business with them from now on.
Shame on them.