• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cuaba

emodx

Banned
Any opinions on Cuaba? I am looking for opinions on construction, flavor, and if they are worth ageing. I looked at the prices on the Divinos, Exclusivos, Generosos, and Tracdicionles. They seem to be very competitive with domestic cigars. TIA

Emo

Well, since those are pretty much the only four sizes available, you've covered the whole line.

They're made in the Romeo y Julieta factory but are supposedly milder. The Divinos are the strongest and are considered "strong" the Exclusivos are the "mild" ones and the other two are "medium." They all should age well. Construction is in my opinion "rough" but hey, what else would you expect? By rough, I mean rough looking but since they are made in the RyJ factory, I'd conclude from a construction standpoint that they are great cigars. The flavor is woody but since my tastebuds are a little on the spent side, I wouldn't take my opinion on taste for gospel :D

I have a couple of divinos....cute little buggers that I have not smoked.
I have smoke a Exclusivos that was loosely rolled and woody tasting.
I do have two Salamones that I am resting for special ocassion.
Construction on Divinos and Salamones taht I have look good.

emodx said:
Any opinions on Cuaba? I am looking for opinions on construction, flavor, and if they are worth ageing.
Any of the regular line of Cuaba is crap.IMO. And bad cigars don't get any better with with age...so there's that. Unless you looking at the speical editions like Salamones or Diademas(which aren't price friendly) you might just want to pass on the Cuaba. If you insist on getting them...then the divinos is probably the better in line.IMO. Constructions is good despite the rough look...and I'd peg them more medium than strong...fuller flavor. There are alot better smokes out there for similiar price.IMO :)

Young Divinos are the best of the line. The others, not including the Salamones and Distinguiados, are pretty lack-lster. Aged Divinos have mellowed beyond what they should have when compared to what they tasted like new. You get more bang for you buck with buying fresh or fairly fresh, Divinos. They can be very full-flavor and strong cigars straight out of a new box. But, older ones are medium in strength and don't hold onto any of their complexity.

The best of the line seems to be the new Salamones in a box of ten though. The price is somewhat high (~$25 a cigar), but they are worth it if that's the kind of smoke you are looking to get.

coventrycat86 said:
Well, since those are pretty much the only four sizes available, you've covered the whole line.

They're made in the Romeo y Julieta factory but are supposedly milder. The Divinos are the strongest and are considered "strong" the Exclusivos are the "mild" ones and the other two are "medium." They all should age well. Construction is in my opinion "rough" but hey, what else would you expect? By rough, I mean rough looking but since they are made in the RyJ factory, I'd conclude from a construction standpoint that they are great cigars. The flavor is woody but since my tastebuds are a little on the spent side, I wouldn't take my opinion on taste for gospel :D
Looks like someone has been reading Mr. Ron Nee! :D

LOL well I've actually had a few Divinos in my day but who is this Min Ron NEE guy you keep talking about? :D ??? :0 :lookup:

Edited post, I had his last name spelled wrong. Just goes to show how on the ball I am :D

coventrycat86 said:
LOL well I've actually had a few Divinos in my day but who is this Min Ron REE guy you keep talking about? :D ??? :0 :lookup:
:sign:

Personally, I like them. A little on the mild side for me but very enjoyable. I bought a box a couple of months ago and am over half way through them. I do agree with the 'woody taste' comment.

Construction on my box is very good with a nice draw and even burn. nice, tight roll.

All said though, I'll take my Monty #2s any time.