• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cuba Aliados

c1garfan

Brethren,

Here's a stick I didnt know too much about when it was handed to me by a good friend of mine. I had never had one of these before this review, so I was eager to try something new. Here's a little something I got from another site describing the cigar:

Cuba Aliados cigars are made in Honduras by renown cigar maker Rolando Reyes, who also makes Puros Indios, Roly, and several other popular brands of cigars. The Cuba Aliados brand of cigars are full bodied sticks made with a blend of tobaccos mostly from the Dominican Republic and Nicaragua.

As you can see in the pics below this stick had some damage, but nothing serious. The wrapper had a nice color to it with no prominent veins. The bunching on the foot looked good. There were no soft spots which hinted at good construction.

I punched the cap and lit her up. The initial observation regarding construction is validated by the effortless draw and abundant smoke this cigar generated. I really enjoyed the flavor at the start. I'm not in an inch and the smoke is rich with cedar and leather flavors. I have read a few reviews on this cigar which comment on pepper, but I don't get any of that from this cigar.

As I pass the half way point the smoke takes on a bit of a bite which I'm not the biggest fan of, but its nothing that would stop me from continuing. The flavors continue to impress. As the burn line approaches the damaged part of the cigar I make a few touch ups so the cigar continues to burn evenly.

This was a good cigar. I'm happy to have had the opportunity to try one because I found it thoroughly enjoyable. If you have never smoked one, I suggest you give it a shot.

gallery_7858_814_36007.jpg

gallery_7858_814_20038.jpg

gallery_7858_814_19426.jpg

gallery_7858_814_3525.jpg

Thank you. Always looking for a good recommendation. Now to find them.

Thanks for the heads up. I've seen ads for this cigar and have been intrigued by it. Haven't seen any in my local B&Ms though. Will have to turn to the internet.

This is definitely a great smoke. Had the pleasure of being given one by Jose Ortega.

Great review! :thumbs:

BTW, this is not the regular Cuba Aliados but the Cuba Aliados Miami. Big difference.