• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

cuban crafters

cloudsofcuba

ive seen a couple of comments on a certain cigars sold by them. any other opinions about the entire cuban crafters? ive been thining of getting a humidor, a few samplers, and maybe a cutter from them.

The cutter I had was a standard stainless doule guillotine. It was ok. The cars have a nice taste, but it has been my expierience that they he been all a tight draw with thin whispy smoke. Perhaps smoked drier it would be better. YMMV

I've not had a problem with my orders. Of their cigars, the Don Kiki Red and Brown labels have good construction / flavor and are a pretty good value.

I have one of their cutters. Being the only cutter I have owned, I have nothing compare it to, but it works very well for me.

emodx said:
Perhaps smoked drier it would be better. YMMV
Yes, I agree with emodx. A fine cigar can sometimes be ruined through over-humidification. A cigar smoked drier can sometimes provide a much better smoke. No, I have not personally done any business with CubanCrafters. However, I am on their mailing lists. I understand that their Don Kiki boutique cigars are very good. Regards, knightlaird

My experience with Cuban Crafters has been fairly decent. I haven't been overly impressed with the smokes that I've gotten, but the prices seem to usually be quite good.

I have nothing but good to say about them. got a humi from them and meter was bad they sent me a new one as fast as you can say send it. also those don kiki reds are a great smoke. they are my everyday smoke. the cuban crafter brand is also has great flavor and is made well.

i've gotten mucho cigars from don kiki and all i can say is YUMMY! they sure know how to make a cigar, their don kiki red, brown, and white are all well made. if you like a more potent smoke try the flagship, the cuban crafter line, very tasty! stay away from their cutters, i'm on my third replacement, ymmv! :D

I have their cutter and find it to be ok as a double blade. I was at a herf and they were a sponsor amongst others. Nice people. Beautiful humidor they donated to the door prize. I smoked some of their cigars. Just fine. I enjoy the Salazar as a full bodied stick. Scooped some up on CB at a good price.
Peter

I like the Brown and Red label. The Green I did not like. Also like the J Salazar made by them. Still working my way through the sapmler that I bought. 12 cigars for $25 shipped not bad pricing.

I agree with bresdogsr, I also much preferred the brown and red label don kikis to the green. The green label tasted like a$$. As for the cuban crafter line, I wouldn't spend a dime on them. I tried one (I believe it was a white label) a couple of times that was flat out awful. I tried another that was better, but still very average.

One frustration that I've had with them over the past year is that they wouldn't stop sending me annoying newsletters (or specials) no matter how many times I tried subscribing. After about 10 attempts, I think I've finally shaken them off my tail.

I got my first humidor from them. It was a small 25-count that I have since gifted to another BOTL. The humi was good, though small. The cigars that came with it -- green label Don Kiki's -- were downright horrible IMO. (I'm not sure what A$$ tastes like, so I'll defer to theorangeman on that.) :D

Because of the bad experience with the green labels, I have never tried another Don Kiki.

Hawk - if you've had a green label don kiki, then you know what a$$ tastes like ;)

I had the opportunity to smoke several that were given to me at the 2004 RTDA in Vegas. All I can say that construction was good. Flavor was OK. And yes, they were a tad tough on the draw. All in all I'd take a pass on these.

I will say however that all of the people in their booth were some of the friendliest at the show!

I picked up a 120 ct humi from them, absolutely no complaints, and very inexpensive ($30 i think). good seal on it. RH has not changed at all, maintaining 65% for 6 months. Their customer service is VERY good. I have seen some humi-cigar combos that looked appealing.

I've had nothing but good experiences with the folks at CubanCrafters. I've bought two Humidors from them and numerous sticks. I've liked the Don Kiki Red and Browns, (my previous review of the a Don Kiki Brown) however, the Greens are unremarkable. Becks are just OK, but not one of my favorites. So far the couple Cuban Crafter sticks I've tried were very good and I just ordered a box of CUBAN CRAFTERS CUBA CAMPANA FIGURADO's that they have on sale currently. So I'm looking forward to comparing them to the aforementioned review of the Don Kiki Brown Figuardo. As with many sticks they all seem to taste a bit better with some humidor time.

One suggestion, I'd call them before ordering a humidor and ask for Emilio, he often has a few "IMPERFECT" humidors at a substantial discount, that are not listed in Closeout/Imperfect area of their website. Both of my humidors were quote "imperfects", and I can not find what is wrong with them, so it must be very minor, IMO. Also it seems that they recently reduced their shipping charges, the first humidor I bought back in August, cost $11.00 to ship, and the last humidor I bought this month, the Exotica, was shipped for only $5.95. And they always throw in a couple freebie $5 sticks to sample. YMMV.

Hope that is some help.

TTFN
Tim

I won this Humi at an event that Don Kiki himself donated and gave me. So far I have not had a problem with any of thier products.

P1010006.thumb.jpg

PICT0054.sized.jpg