• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cuban RE'S and LE's

Smbauer

So, looking for opinions on Cuban RE's and LE's.
Have never tried one due to the very high prices, but will be having some extra money in my cigar budget in a couple months and am curious what others think of them in general.
Are they typically worth the high price, or are they basically just a marketing gimmick?

Thanks in advance for the thoughts,
Sean

Although RE’s and LE’s can be better than regular production cigars, they are often twice as expensive and need extra time (years) in the humidor. You would be better off getting boxes of JL 1’s and 2’s, PSD4’s, RASS and PLPC’s... Also get a bunch of cheap non-Cubans that you enjoy, so you can age the boxes of Cubans you purchase...

Although RE’s and LE’s can be better than regular production cigars, they are often twice as expensive and need extra time (years) in the humidor. You would be better off getting boxes of JL 1’s and 2’s, PSD4’s, RASS and PLPC’s... Also get a bunch of cheap non-Cubans that you enjoy, so you can age the boxes of Cubans you purchase...
Fwiw, the ones I am looking at are Diplomaticos and Sancho Panza Belgian RE's and they are $24 and $20 each, so not terribly expensive.

Unfortunately I don't have the humidor space for boxes as I'm in an assisted living facility for veterans and don't have my big cabinet humidor anymore

If it were me, I would get singles of regular production cigars ($7 to $10 a piece) and save the rest of the money for future purchases... I wouldn’t “waste” my money on LE’s and RE’s... These cigars need a lot of extra time in the humidor, and will not taste as good as regular production cigars with the same age, without the extra time... JMHO

Do you have a friend or confidant who could store some things for you, in a proper environment, until you are ready?

Who are you, and what have you done with our Bill?

Fwiw, the ones I am looking at are Diplomaticos and Sancho Panza Belgian RE's and they are $24 and $20 each, so not terribly expensive.

Unfortunately I don't have the humidor space for boxes as I'm in an assisted living facility for veterans and don't have my big cabinet humidor anymore
Get a cooler and some beads to store boxes. Cheap and affective.

If it were me, I would get singles of regular production cigars ($7 to $10 a piece) and save the rest of the money for future purchases... I wouldn’t “waste” my money on LE’s and RE’s... These cigars need a lot of extra time in the humidor, and will not taste as good as regular production cigars with the same age, without the extra time... JMHO
Listen to Yoda he is wise. If you can't get a box and age them then stick with regular releases.

Dang man, that seems like that happened quick! Like in the last two weeks or something. And you are young, too.
I have actually lived here a little over a year now, and have been out of the oilfields for about 3 years now unfortunately.

I definitely miss my job. Very interesting and exciting, and it paid extremely well which really helped my Cigar budget, lol.

Unfortunately due to some injuries and illnesses I am unable to work anymore, which sounds nice on paper, but really sucks in reality.

Last edited: