• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cuenca vs Cigar.com

diapanos

Banned
Has anyone ordered from either off these companies before?
Any bad experiences?
Any other companies to recommend?

I have used Cigar.com. There are worse, but there are certainly better.

If you are willing to expand your search beyond those two, we have some great retailers here among us. Check out Eric at Jack Schwartz (who goes by JackSchwartz here), Jim (Keystone Raider), and Isreal (uptown_isy). All great dudes who will do right by you.

Agree with pipe smoker. I've used cigar.com before and had no issues at all. I don't have extensive experience with them but the few times I purchased from them, all went well.

Good luck, but seriously go with the retailers that are in the retail section.  You won't need luck.

kona1000 said:
Good luck, but seriously go with the retailers that are in the retail section.  You won't need luck.
This!!!

Also you should get in on the newbie sampler trade. You will be blown away by what you trade for.

Haven't heard anything from Cheap Humidors other than a receipt
Cuenca has been saying awaiting shipment since yesterday afternoon
Both Cigars International orders have shipped and I have tracking numbers 
and the Cigar.com order has shipped and I have a tracking number.

So Cuenca might be the one not to order from again.
Not sure about Cheap Humidors....

OK So far...
2nd order from Cigars International (Gurkha Titan) coming Saturday
1st order (Jetline Gotham lighter, Vector Quattro 5 Torano Exodus & 5 Saint Louis Rey) has a tracking number but hasn't been shipped yet

Order from Cigar.com (05 A.Turrent Reserva de la Casa, (20) La Perla Habana Wide ,20 Gran Habano Vintage 2002, 5 Rosalones by Joya de Nicuaragua 1 Moretti Carbon Fiber Jet Torch lighter) is coming Monday.

I JUST heard back from Cheap Humidors. I don't know why I doidn't get the tracking number the first time but the humidor shipped Thursday and should be coming Tuesday!

So the only odd man out is now Cuenca (3 Don Salvatore cutters, 25 El Triunfador no7, 20 Flor de las Antillas, 10 Hechicera Natural, 20 Rocky Patel Nording)
I em,ailed them this morning and am awaiting a reply......

Just got off the phone with Cuenca.
They say they are out of the Rocky Patel Nordings and they are waiting on them so he order can ship together (an email would have been nice guys...)
The guy I talked to said that they will be in to day and the order should ship today so we'll see.

I think the fools at Cuenca are smoking something other than cigars and UPS is getting a contact high.
I told Cuenca to send what was in stock and send the other two when they came in.
A few hours later I got an email from UPS that said that Cuenca had sent me  1 pound package.
A little bit later I get a second email from UPS telling me that Cuenca has sent me a package with a different tracking number that weighs three pounds.
I log onto my account and there's only one tracking number.
I check the status on UPS and the tracking says that all that's happened is the label was printed.
Yet UPS sent me an email with a delivery date (?!)

Finally opened a dispute with my bank over the Cuenca purchase. They told me they were gonna ship what they had in stock on friday but all they did was print out a UPS label.
The tracking has been saying the same thing since Friday

"Label Created On: 08/22/2014  
Order Processed: Ready for UPS
1.gif

A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

I emailed them trice and told them to cancel the order altogether and haven't heard back from them yet.
I even pasted the tracking results into the 1st email so they can't say I'm trying to get refunded for an order that's already been shipped.
The bank said it could take as long as 120 days to get my money back ($237!) but at least I've started the process.

May I suggest a little patience. Sine companies can take 3-7 business days to ship. If it was placed on 8/22 i'd worry if no shipment goes our by 8/29. Seems they have had pretty crappy communication with you though. A little patience goes a long way. Always read the fine print, always read what their shipping/order policy is.

I definitely agree with CMontoya, patience. Also agree about Keystone, Jim is a great dude and I have bought from him a few times. I believe Mark from TowerCigars is also on this website and he is a great guy to deal with as well.

CMontoya79 said:
May I suggest a little patience. Sine companies can take 3-7 business days to ship. If it was placed on 8/22 i'd worry if no shipment goes our by 8/29. Seems they have had pretty crappy communication with you though. A little patience goes a long way. Always read the fine print, always read what their shipping/order policy is.
 My biggest issue isn't that they are basically lying to me.
In my account the order is listed as "shipped" and there is a tracking number but if you check the tracking number the label was made out on 8/22 and nothing else.
This order hasn't been shipped even though they claim it has been.
It's been sitting there since last Friday.
Don't tell me a package has been shipped when it hasn't.

Kxthor911 said:
I definitely agree with CMontoya, patience. Also agree about Keystone, Jim is a great dude and I have bought from him a few times. I believe Mark from TowerCigars is also on this website and he is a great guy to deal with as well.
When I talked to them Friday they said it would be shipped Friday. It's listed in my account as shipped but according to UPS tracking it hasn't even been picked up by UPS yet. The box is still sitting in Cuenca's warehouse even though they claim it has been shipped.
It's not the delay that's pissing me off so much as the fact that they are lying through their teeth.

************************************************************************************************************************************************

1Z7090VF0393192649
  • Updated: 08/26/2014 2:40 P.M. Eastern Time

Order Processed: Ready for UPS
1.gif

A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

Label Created On: 08/22/2014
*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Order Status

The status of your recent orders is shown below. Click 'View Order' to see complete details.
  •     Order #2718
    Order Date: 20th Aug 2014
    This order is marked as Shipped
    Your Order Contains:
    1 x Flor De Las Antillas Toro Gordo Cigars - Natural Box of 20 
    (Cigar Count: 5 PACK)
  • 1 x Hechicera Toro Cigars - Natural Box of 10 
    (Cigar Count: CIGAR BOX)
  • 1 x Rocky Patel Nording Toro Grande Cigars - Natural Box of 20 
  • 1 x El Triunfador No. 7 Toro Grande Cigars - Natural Box of 25 
  • 3 x Don Salvatore Gunmetal Big Ring Gauge Cigar Cutter

What Kxthor911 said about trying to support vendors who are also members is a good suggestion. Your money would have been better spent on the newbie sampler trade. Good luck with resolution.

Just got a email from UPS 
I have a package enroute from Cuenca with a completely different tracking number.
Looks like UPS just picked it up tonight.

Took me sicking 53 on them to get them to do something.

I'd suggest reading the reviews that were done by members on those sticks. They were not highly suggested or rated. Unless you like smoking cardboard. Your experience may vary, but the guys who participated in reviewing these know their shit.

I just got a newbie sampler from CJ (wkoti)... I highly suggest going to that thread and doing one also.

CMontoya79 said:
I'd suggest reading the reviews that were done by members on those sticks. They were not highly suggested or rated. Unless you like smoking cardboard. Your experience may vary, but the guys who participated in reviewing these know their shit.
Which ones?
These?
http://www.tabacordillera.cr/