• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cuesta Rey Centro Fino Sun Grown

Peter_K

I see these advertised several places with an interesting description. Anyone try them yet? If you have, I would appreciate an opinion. Thanks.
Peter

I've had the robusto. Not bad. Not great, but it burned well, and the taste was really consistant. Even down to the nub it never really changed flavor. I'd say it's definitely worth trying, but don't expect anything amazing

I like em, unmistakably Fuente related. Nice Nutty flavor with that allmost Cuban "Twang" :p

Recommended without reservation :thumbs:

post duplicate ??? edited so I don't look more stupid than usual.

Twernt my doin, puter glitch was the cause :D

PB
As you can see on my original post I didn't proof read either. No big deal. Thanks for the info guys.

Always looking out for a new cigar.

Peter

PuroBrat said:
post duplicate ???  edited so I don't look more stupid than usual.

Twernt my doin, puter glitch was the cause :D
You post paddin' again? How am I ever gonna catch ya :p

I used to enjoy Cuesta Rey Centenarios (I think that's what they called them) a while back and thought they were pretty good but I've never had the Centro Fino Sun Growns. The Centenarios were slightly mild but had a nice tasty maduro wrapper :thumbs: I can't seem to find the ones I smoked on any of the internet retail sites. They were a LARGE cigar 8 1/2 x 52 and came in boxes of ten and I remember they were kind of pricey.

These are a great cigars! I tried them back in Jan and now have a box in my humidor. They are a bit pricy but I know a place online where you can pick a box up for about $42.00.

Hmmm... I had never thought of these as pricey. Opus X are pricey, PAM's are pricey, Greycliffs are pricey, but cuesta rey? That one eludes me. I can get the robustos for 5$ a piece here in Maine. That to me isn't pricey. A box of 10 sells for less than $50.

As far as the cigaritself? These are very good in my opinion. Burn well, not too strong, good flavor profile and consistent. What more do you want? I think they are well worth their cost.

You know, I like Fuentes, and I like Sungrowns, but the CR didn't do it for me. I guess I should try another, but the one I have had was 'eh' at best. I prefer the AF SGs.

I love 'em. I bought a box to keep in my humidor for buddies that don't smoke alot who come over and want to try something different. I got 'em all hooked on them. Fairly mild, good taste and a great draw. And very inexpensive, i think.