• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cuesta-Rey Centro Fino Sungrown

Bat_Chief

Bat_Chief Returns
Being impatent, I quickly removed the plastic from my box of 10 Cuesta-Rey Centro Fino Sungrown's and eyed their dark, appealing wrappers. A Maduro and Oscuro fan myself, these did have some appeal and I especially enjoyed the Belicoso's #11 4 7/8" x 50 size I ordered to use for an after dinner smoke.

As for the taste, I was somewhat surprised at how mild they were. Not bad and they did have an obvious earthy/wood flavor, but it was too mild for me.

I was able to get just over an inch of ash out of it, but the burn was uneven. I did notice a thicker bulge in the wrapper where it was burning slow.

It wasn't a high maintenance smoke, staying lit quite easily and producing a decent amount of smoke, which itself had a slight and pleasing aroma.

The draw was quite smooth and stayed consistant to the bitter end, not getting too hot or harsh toward the finish, which was nice! It stayed smooth for the whole smoke and was quite enjoyable.

Now unfortunately, I was at work and had to go on a 911 call, so I had to sit it down outside for 2 hours letting it go out by itself. Not wanting to waste, I knocked off the ash and relit it. Most cigars, in my experiences, don't taste the same after sitting but this one did not change at all. I was right back where I started.

Aftertaste - You know how bad cigars leave you with a nasty, tangy and bitter aftertaste the minute it goes out, sometimes till the next day? This did not. Nothing but a pleasant reminder.

Would I buy it again? No, too mild for me, but if you like mild, then it is a fine smoke! :thumbs:

Cuesta_Rey.JPG

Nice review BC, I've always enjoyed a good Cuesta-rey and I'm sure I will try one of them babies some day soon..... :D :thumbs: :p

The Cuesta-rey robusto Sungrowns are more full-flavored and pack a little more punch than the beli's IMO. Both are a good smoke, though!

Great review. Much appreciated. I've got a couple of these waiting patiently :p

I have had a Robusto also and agree that they pack a bit more of a punch. But honestly if you wanna try a REAL GOOD Sungrown have a VSG tres Mystique or a Chateau Fuente Sungrown, Those all kick A$$.

In my experiences a shorter smoke has a bit more power, robusto seems to be the best size for that.

Phil said:
In my experiences a shorter smoke has a bit more power, robusto seems to be the best size for that.

Yeh, I was kinda hoping that with the 4-7/8 size but oh well. I like the Robustos as well for the taste and the fact that those with larger ring sizes just look good! I'll work on acquiring a VSG tres Mystique or a Chateau Fuente Sungrown.

The Cuesta-Rey Centro Fino Sungrown is a good cigar, NOTHING unpleasant about it at all. I'd be tickled pink to have received this box of 10 in the mail for New Years!

Bat_Chief said:
Phil said:

I'll work on acquiring a VSG tres Mystique or a Chateau Fuente Sungrown.
You just sucessfully mooched one of each! Congratulations brother, I will get them out to you right after the holliday rush.

Phil

Shuji said:
The Cuesta-rey robusto Sungrowns are more full-flavored and pack a little more punch than the beli's IMO. Both are a good smoke, though!

Yeh, that will teach me to stray from robusto's!

I just picked up four more of these. ( so I could get the free travel coffee mug). Not the boldest thing ever but a pleasant smooth smoke for sure. Pleasant enough for rush hour traffic.