• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cupido Toro Negro Review

BinDerSmokDat

I originally was turned on to these when I got one in a sample pack. It is a a Nicaraguan puro with an double fermented H2K wrapper. The wrapper color is oscuro (almost black) and a bit rough, but seems to lend a good deal of complexity to the smoke. If you've smoked the Mayorga Trios HO, you'll like this cigar. It is similar but with less pepper and more complexity, almost fruity/floral hints. All I have smoked so far (and given away) have burned well and very even. I'd say about 3-4 in a box of 24 were filled inconsistently, creating soft spots. The rest were solid, well constructed cigars. None so far (knock cedar) have been plugged. The draw is medium, but I keep my 'dor around 72-70 RH. If you keep yours a tad lower the draw might open up. This box was stamped 4/98 so they had a fair amount of age on them, which probably explained their smothness. I love 'em and will always be sure to keep a few in the 'dor. I'm not sure what the rules are regarding giving out retail site addresses. If someone replies that it is OK, I'll tell you my favorite place to get these and others.