• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Curb your enthusiasm

Lemon

I've been watching this show lately and I love it. It has this Seinfeldish quality to it, but without the background laughter (which you get used to, of course). I liked Seinfeld a lot so I'm not surprised. The show seems to be about pretty much nothing, except regular everyday situations, kind of like Seinfeld. There's just something about this show that's special. Larry David does a convincing job playing himself. I could imagine he's the same in real life. Reminds me a lot of George Constanza, which is also mentioned in the show several times. Reading opinions on the net it looks like some people ask "How did this show make it for five seasons?". The humor just doesn't seem to appeal to some people at all. You guys watched it? Any favorite eps? Just curious :)

John

I've only seen a few of them, but like you I like it because of the Seinfeld quality it seems to have. Of course it's going to because Larry David was a writer on Seinfeld, the main one if I'm not mistaken.

Good show, regular everyday stuff is just funny to me. But like "The Office" I think either you like it, or you just don't care.

Doesn't do it for me either and I don't like The Office whatever the correlation is between the two. Earl is much better IMO.

I love Earl, and I also love The Office. Only seen the British version though, but from what I've understood, the American version is surprisingly good too. The British show didn't go on for long though, three seasons if I remember correctly.

This show is hilarious. :thumbs: Every episode is funny, but if I have to chose some as my favorite it would be, the pants tent one, the one where he goes to the doctors office and the Jesus episode. This guy is one of the funniest guys out there.

I've been watching this show lately and I love it. It has this Seinfeldish quality to it, but without the background laughter (which you get used to, of course). I liked Seinfeld a lot so I'm not surprised. The show seems to be about pretty much nothing, except regular everyday situations, kind of like Seinfeld. There's just something about this show that's special. Larry David does a convincing job playing himself. I could imagine he's the same in real life. Reminds me a lot of George Constanza, which is also mentioned in the show several times. Reading opinions on the net it looks like some people ask "How did this show make it for five seasons?". The humor just doesn't seem to appeal to some people at all. You guys watched it? Any favorite eps? Just curious :)

John

Larry David is the co-creator of Seinfeld. The George Costanza character is loosely based on him.

If you are just starting to watch it, don't stop! It gets funnier and funnier. Some episodes are gut-busting funny.

One of my favorite episodes is "Krazee-Eyez Killa" where Larry becomes Cool-da-la" with a gangster rapper. Also "The Car Pool Lane" where Larry picks up a hooker so he can use the car pool lane to get to Dodger Stadium in time. The season finale for Season 3 is great too.

I love the woman who plays his wife. Not drop dead gorgeous, but hot in her own way.

:laugh: :laugh:
That car pool episode was some funny stuff, I almost forgot about that one. When he was buying his father some “medicine” :0

I agree that the woman that plays Larry's wife is hot, the really is something about her
:love:

John

Larry David is the co-creator of Seinfeld. The George Costanza character is loosely based on him.

If you are just starting to watch it, don't stop! It gets funnier and funnier. Some episodes are gut-busting funny.

One of my favorite episodes is "Krazee-Eyez Killa" where Larry becomes Cool-da-la" with a gangster rapper. Also "The Car Pool Lane" where Larry picks up a hooker so he can use the car pool lane to get to Dodger Stadium in time. The season finale for Season 3 is great too.

I love the woman who plays his wife. Not drop dead gorgeous, but hot in her own way.