• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Curious

benjiev

"The Honorable"
Do any of you smoke the La Luna line of cigars on a regular basis.  I have looked at their website and they look like a pretty good cigar but I am not sure which try first  ???  If any of you have an opinion (boy... is that an opening or what for this group LMAO) I would appreciate hearing it, or for that matter if someone has 1 or 2 to spare so I could try one first.

tried em....... :(

awful

but don't take my word on it

smoke em

IMHO, LaLuna makes some of the best cigars available, and Gael the owner is first rate people. If you email me I will try to find a couple to trade. :cool:

Ben,

I concur with Vern. I have asked Gael questions over the phone and he has given reasonable answers to my questions.

When I first dove into cigars headfirst it was with La Luna Little Havana Blend. Their first line. Soon after they moved to the African Fuerte line and decided to only produce and sell the Little Havana blend though Cigars International. Originally produced in Maimi in boxes of 25, with bands, they are now made in the Dominican plant, as I understand it.

The Little Havana is still (a couple years later) my goto smoke. However as of late there seems to be some variation between batches (bundles, no bands). Here in Alabama the humidity plays havoc on wrappers.

Have you smoked the "Dixie Darling"? Guess what it is? HeHe.

I have some LHB robustos and coladas if you want to trade.

JerryG

I concur with Vern. I have asked Gael questions over the phone and he has given reasonable answers to my questions.

When I first dove into cigars headfirst it was with La Luna Little Havana Blend. Their first line. Soon after they moved to the African Fuerte line and decided to only produce and sell the Little Havana blend though Cigars International. Originally produced in Maimi in boxes of 25, with bands, they are now made in the Dominican plant, as I understand it.

The Little Havana is still (a couple years later) my goto smoke. However as of late there seems to be some variation between batches (bundles, no bands). Here in Alabama the humidity plays havoc on wrappers.

Have you smoked the "Dixie Darling"? Guess what it is? HeHe.

I have some LHB robustos and coladas if you want to trade.

JerryG

Well, benjiev, if you like a full flavored smoke, I would try the Maduro Fuertes. If you are lookin for a bit more mild with good flavor, African Fuerte might be your thing.I have some LHB's that are 2 years in the humidor that are very tasty.

The LHB line, I believe, is only available on cigarbid. The others are available from various places. I don't think you would be disappointed with whatever you choose.

By the way, the Maduro Fuerte line is my #1 choice when I want a full flavored smoke.

I've tried them, and do like them. I think their a pretty good cigar overall. Very nice/great crew over there too.

Definately worth a try.

There's no dimension to them. I have never had a good experience with any so far. Try them if you want. It's good to experience as many cigars as possible. But I wouldn't recommend them.

Occasionally...cigarbid.com has La Luna LHBcigars. Cigarsinternational.com has them pretty much all of the time.

cigarbid and cigars international are one and the same company. One is a "store" the other is an auction.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Regardless, La Luna makes a fine cigar. African, Maduro, or LHB.

JerryG

Thanks everyone for your comments :D  Jerry I'll be picking up one of those Dixie Darlings when the pass gets my way.  I gonna have to give them a shot I'm just not sure where to begin  :D  :p  :D  Oh decision, decision  ;)

Jerry, I smoked that Dixie Darlin last weekend, I was impressed! I noticed that is was made by La Luna as well. It was flavorful and burned very nice, even detected a hint of cocoa there!

Leebo :D

Cool Leebo,

Yeah I put that on the label I made so's you would know. Cool. Glad you enjoyed the smoke. Thanks for being in the pass.

JerryG

My pleasure! Sorry the PAM didn't make it back to ya!

May have to bomb ya later!!!

Leebo

I smoked that Dixie Darling this morning on my walk around the compound. Now that was a straight forward cigar. Nice dark brown wrapper, lightly veined, with 1 medium sized stem. Well wrapped w/ a slightly wrinkled cap. Tightly packed and had a very easy per-light draw. No real pre-light flavors and the nose was a robust tobacco smell.
It burn very well during my 45 minute walk. Very consistant flavor and strength up toward the end, where it became a tad bit stronger. Never bitter and got slightly warm to towards the end. No complexity and no real flavor besides the robust tobacco flavor. A definite goto cigar if they all smoke like this one. I would choose it because when I want a robust smoke, thats what I want. :D

I had a chance to the the LHB Churchill size(I think) in the EMS wrapper. It was a fairly sweet cigar. Very good construction. It was a mild smoke with light almond flavor and a slightly grassy taste. It got slightly bitter towards the end. Another very consistant cigar. Only complaint is the wrapper seems a bit delicate. This one never got hot.

Emo

I had a La Luna Maduro Fuerte that was gifted to me. Another La Luna that I liked. The is 3 in a row without a dud. The smoked burned true and even. Started out a bit mild. By the time it hit the middle it was, how you say, fuerte. Not a complex flavor profile. Hints of cedar and coffee. Hints mind you. At the middle the pepper bomb comes through. A nubber!

Emo

Vern,  
I know your hammered with the business and all but thanks for the sampler  :D  
I smoke the African Fuerte sitting on the balcony of my stateroom on my way to Vancouver BC.  Nice draw, smooth, great taste, even burn smoked that baby right down to the nubins  :0   If that is any indication on how the rest will go WOW.

Thanks again.

Those Fuerte's are nice little smokes ehhh Ben... :thumbs: I am gonna have to latch on to a couple more in my future passes. When you gotta have a robust smoke, go fuerte...

Emo

Emo, I just got one of those today from my winnings at cigar pool. Might have to smoke it this weekend! :)