• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dad and his triple bypass

Horse

Member 200
OK, I'll fess up, it was me talking about my Dad in Matt's SS thread. I just couldn't hold it any longer.

Tuesday morning, my Dad went in for triple bypass surgery. It was scheduled for 3 1/2 - 4 hours.

The surgeon turned out to be the Roy Cooper of surgeons :) (For those of you who are not acquainted with calf ropin', he's got the gol darndest fastest hands you could EVER imagine. :thumbs: ) In and out in 2 hours flat. :D

In 24 hours, he was off the respirator. Has sat up 3-4 times today (Wed) and will be walking the halls Thursday. As it turns out, he had one vessel entirely missing (the one that encircles the heart) and the rest were VERY small. Of the remaining 1-100% blocked 1-80, 1-75, 1-75

He's spent his entire life with high blood pressure (hmmmm, I wonder why? ;) ) and now it's down to a normal state and life is looking GREAT!! :thumbs:

Christmas 'Plans' are cancelled this year, but overall, this is the BEST DAMNED CHRISTMAS any of us in our family could have ever imagined as we only knew about this in the last 2 weeks.

To make a looooooong story short, what went from a scheduled annual exam to 'sit your ass down till we do this surgery' and all the harrowing thoughts in-between..to a new lease on life, well...suffice it to say, it's a whole new Thanksgiving. :)

Thats great to hear Mark! Will keep your family in our prayers through the holidays. Sounds like your dad is a tough cookie. ;) You guys need anything, you know were to turn ;)

Great news Bruddah Mark! And you are right... despite cancelling your original plans... this really does sound like a very special Christmas for you and your family!

MELE KALIKIMAKA Bro!

Aloha,

Wade

Mark,

Now that's a happy holiday story worth telling! :) :) .

My best to your family!

Sounds great Mark, it'll probably the best gift you get in years. Give your dad a big hug for all of us when you can. Happy holidays to you and your entire family. :) :thumbs: :)

Great news.

What greater gift this time of year than a new lease on life.

Hug the man and tell him how much you love him.

Well all right, Holiday wishes to you and your family
and thanks for bringing a smile to an otherwise dreary time of year for me
nice to hear something is going right

Mark,

Glad he pulled thru, and we hope he has a speedy recovery.

God bless,

Mike

You know what brother, I'll be happy with whatever "Secret Horse Santa" sent me, but this news is better than any of it. Here's to your pop and good health wishes!! Happy Holidays Bruddah!

Great news mark happy holidays to you and your family.
I'll say a prayer for your dad.

Glad to hear the GREAT NEWS!!!! This will probably be your best Christmas together as a family. Enjoy!!!! Merry Christmas

Brother Mark,

Over the past couple of years, when I was visiting Dallas regularly, I had the pleasure of sitting on the porch with you smoking cigars, drinking rum, and BSing. During those times we told each other our life stories..... some good, some bad. Several of the stories you shared with me was about your Dad. Though I have never met him I know from your stories what a good man he is. I still can't believe some of the stuff you put him through when you were a wee lad...roflmao! Reminded me so much of my own dad, not that I ever did anything to cause him grey hairs. :lookup:

When we spoke Monday and you told me the news I was somewhat speechless....... I wished I could have been there to ride with you down south. I was glad to know that you would call me during a time like this. You know that I am here for ya brother.

Your Dad and family will remain in Melinda and my prayers. I am so happy to hear of the quick and successful outcome. Let me know if you need anything.....

Kenny

That's terrific. SOunds like your dad' surgeon is related to mine! :p

i COULDN'T AGREE MORPE ABOUT A GREAT HOLIDAY PRESENT!

Hey that's great news Mark!! Thankfully your dad was at the doctor's for a check-up BEFORE it was too late!! Sounds like everything's working out okay and we'll all keep our fingers crossed ;)

Glad to hear you're father is doing well. My best wishes are sent to you and your family.