• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

DAD

cohibasurfer

one day older than dirt
This is a tribute to my Dad, who I lost to cancer at 2am  Tuesday, September 25th!

Father

To see you now with life's scars on your face
Each one tells a story of its own
As the lines grow many and deeper with time
Your love shines through and never dims.

Things I took for granted like you'd always be here
Now weighs heavy like a stone in my heart
You gave me life and took from your own
With never a second thought never a blink

I hope that now as you look back
You see your love was not wasted on me
I could never be all that you are to me
I am merely a reflection of your heart

Disappointments from me are like the fallen rain
Too many to count though my intentions were always good
But if you take my hand you will feel your soul
It beats in my chest and drives me on

Wish I could's fill my heart and mind
But no matter what twisting road my life will take
And how many pains I must indure in the process
Always know that you did the best you could

Through it all I will always love you.

God Bless you.

My deepest condolences to you and your family for your lost. Your dedicated verse was very moving and obvious from the heart. I'm sure he's looking down and nodding in approval that his job on earth was accomplished....

You and your family are in our prayers. No better words have ever been spoken.

Words are always hard to come by when someone loses a loved one. Your tribute was both moving and beautiful. My condolences to you and your family. My quartet is scheduled to sing at a members church service this weekend and 'When the Roll is Called Up Yonder' will hold a special meaning.

Mark

Michael,

My deepest condolences. The poem was a very nice gesture, and very moving.

My very best wishes to you and your family,

Rod Linsalato

Sorry to hear of your loss. I recently lost a close relative myself. I feel for you. Keep your head up.

Nice tribute.

Michael, my condolences to you. My prayers are with you.

A beautiful tribute to your Dad.

Bill

Thank You.... Everyone.

Your sympothy and concern is greatly appreciated at this time of grief. The veiwing was today... and the funeral tomorrow at noon. It was a long hard battle, and I am glad he is a peice now.
Again I thank you all for showing compassion. You guys are why I love this place.

As my other brothers have already mentioned,My deepest condolences to you and your family.
Your Verse reminded me of my own Dad who passed on ten years ago,I can see that you ,like me were very close to your Dad.How blessed we are to have had such great Dads.
Thanks for sharing your feeling,it has touched my heart.God bless you my friend.

Very sorry to hear of your loss, Mike. As I read your words I though back on when I lost my great-grandpa who walked on water as far as I was concerned.(Like the old Randy Travis tune ;) ) It is a hard road to travel, but one almost all of us must travel at some point in time; keep the memories alive and you'll never have to "lose" him.

My prayers,

Ryan ???

Michael...your poem hit home for me. My dad had a triple by-pass on the 24th and all I could do was think about "...what if I lost him..." I send my deepest condolences to you and your family. Y'all will be in our prayers. I'm sure he is in a much better place now and will be able to watch over his loved ones.

SKYDIVNEKD

Micheal,

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

I'll smoke one in your honor and your Dad's memory.

Take it slow,

JerryG

Thoughts and prayers sent. I lost my Dad this year also, and know what you are feeling.