• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dale Earnhardt Jr wins!

stogieman

" Herf King "
It was one hell of a race. Dale Jr was doing okay staying in the top ten all day. His crew chief was tryin' to tweek his car to get it just right each stop. The last stop did it and he was a rocket at the end. Congrats Little E and the boys will be in Darlington this week...... :D :thumbs: :p

Darlington Raceway, Dillon County SC. I spent a week enjoying the local accomodations there in the early 70's. The food sucked as they fed us the same thing every meal for a week. I guess that's how the county saved money. Anyway, don't do 95 on the Lamar Highway unless you are ready to stay awhile. :angry:

Matt Kenesth still has a lead in points, even with his royal screw up in pit lane. Should be a good battle this year, just wish early races counted as much as the last 10.

Imagine in baseball, the Brewers have a 15 game lead in August, then the league places the top 3 teams within 1 game and says, "ok, now finish the season". It could happen :D ... ok, I admit it, I must be under the influence of some bad bratwurst.

The biggest issue so far with the new points system, is a lot of the drivers had their sponsors come to them and say, we'll sponsor you for 26 races and then we'll talk....leads one to believe that if ya not in top 10 by d-day, yer sponsor is backin out...
anyway I going to the first of the final 10 races, will be interesting to see how many cars there are :p

PaulMac

PaulMac said:
The biggest issue so far with the new points system, is a lot of the drivers had their sponsors come to them and say, we'll sponsor you for 26 races and then we'll talk....leads one to believe that if ya not in top 10 by d-day, yer sponsor is backin out...
anyway I going to the first of the final 10 races, will be interesting to see how many cars there are :p

PaulMac
good point.

I think the sponsors will want their cars in those races still though, because people are going to tune in to watch those last ten races even more than the first 26.

I think the TV commentators also know about this scenario and will try to give extra camera time to the guys not in the top ten.

Finally, it should be the other way around: we'll pay you this much for 36 races, and this much more if you're still in the hunt for the last ten races (cos you know those ten guys are going to get the lion's share of the publicity)

I figure that the guys that are either in position 11 and lower and/or more than 400 points behind the leader have nothing to lose. They'll be doing thier best to win and keep thier sponsors and to make as much of the $$$$ prize purse as possible. Either way, I'm a big time NASCAR fan and enjoy watchin' the guys race. Go Fast, Turn Left..... :D :thumbs: :p