• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Damn middle of the night calf cramps!

Lumberg

Opus Lover
I get one of these maybe once or twoce a year and damn do they hurt! You're doing something innocent like rolling over in bed or stretching and the next thing you know you're hopping around like a frog going "ow owowowowowowowowowowowow" with maybe some f-bombs thrown in there.

It was hot in my room last night for some reason and I sweated a bit so probably caused by a dehydration but DAMN!

My calf will be sore for several days now......like I just absolutely blasted the hell out of it in a workout.

Try drinking a little tonic water every now and then. Quinine somehow prevents it. Also, drink more water.

I have this happen every now and then. It's usually the result of dehydration.

Ya go to drugstore get some Q-Vel will take care of that problem, I use to take it all the time when I was a chef. Helped the leg cramps from standing all day on tile floor

interesting, I do know it's usually dehydration, also something to do with electrolytes? what's in Q-vel?

How often does this happen to you guys?

Q-vel is an asprin substitute with quinine, and use to happen all the time when I worked,now I get them 1 or 2xs a year.
By the way this is an over the counter drug

Lack of potassium. I get them occassionally. Eat one or two bananas, seems to work for me.

Shadow said:
Lack of potassium. I get them occassionally. Eat one or two bananas, seems to work for me.
knew it was some electrolyte or another :)

banana in my protein shake tomorrow!

Yeah Lumby, I use to get them all the time to till I put bananas in my weekly diet. I normally eat one a day, average 5 per week. Knock on wood, I haven't had one in the last 6 months...... :D :thumbs: :p

Lumberg,
BECAREFUL with Q-Vel and other Quinine agents. Make sure you have no allergy to sulfa drugs. A lot of those Quinine agents use Quinine Sulfate and cause major health problems for people who are allergic or sensitive to sulfa drugs!

Drink more water especially before bed time (2-3 8oz cups). Just becareful if you have a bedwetting problem :p

Also, try a briefe walk and good stretching prior to bed. A relaxed, stretched, oxygenated muscle is less prone to spasm.

If this happens a lot alter diet to contain more calcuim and potassium. Bananas. tomatoes, peaches, and yes cold pizza are all good sources of these. Although I would watch the cold pizza with all the cheese. Also, if you think this is workout related I can recomend some really really good supplements to reduce this occurance!

PhatAsh said:
Lumberg,
BECAREFUL with Q-Vel and other Quinine agents. Make sure you have no allergy to sulfa drugs. A lot of those Quinine agents use Quinine Sulfate and cause major health problems for people who are allergic or sensitive to sulfa drugs!

Drink more water especially before bed time (2-3 8oz cups). Just becareful if you have a bedwetting problem :p

Also, try a briefe walk and good stretching prior to bed. A relaxed, stretched, oxygenated muscle is less prone to spasm.

If this happens a lot alter diet to contain more calcuim and potassium. Bananas. tomatoes, peaches, and yes cold pizza are all good sources of these. Although I would watch the cold pizza with all the cheese. Also, if you think this is workout related I can recomend some really really good supplements to reduce this occurance!
Got a damn nother one last night!

I've been drinking a lot of coffee lately and I know that leaches clacium out of the body.

Also been taking these gelatin capsules that I think are soaking up a lot of the water in my gut. Got to make sure I take those in the AM instead of at night....pretty sure that is the main offender.

Thanks for the replies and oh yeah I just finished a nanana a while ago :thumbs:

Ah the heck with all those remedies just get yourself a good old fashion salt lick and run your tongue over it a few times a day ;) LOL .................

Shadow hit the nail right on the head .

Good luck with the bananas :D

BenjieV :D

Shadow said:
Lumberg said:
JoeInvest said:
Man, you old guys have problems... :p
I'm younger than you! I turned 29 last tuesday!
I've got cigars older than you boy! ;)
LMAO!!!!!!

What a trip that would be to smoke a cigar that is older than you!

While in France I drank Armignac that was older then I. Must admit the idea and anticipation was cool but the execution left much to be desired....probably because Armignac is an acquired taste if there ever was one and it was the first (and last) time I ever drank it!

Lumberg said:
I get one of these maybe once or twoce a year and damn do they hurt! You're doing something innocent like rolling over in bed or stretching and the next thing you know you're hopping around like a frog going "ow owowowowowowowowowowowow" with maybe some f-bombs thrown in there.

It was hot in my room last night for some reason and I sweated a bit so probably caused by a dehydration but DAMN!

My calf will be sore for several days now......like I just absolutely blasted the hell out of it in a workout.
I don't even wanna hear it. I can barely walk up and down the stairs without wincing in pain. Why?

Because we decided to do a hike to the boiling lake in Dominica. It's a 6 mile hike in, climbing up and down 3 steep volcanic mountains, then another 6 mile hike back clawing your way up and down the same mountains, using roots and rocks to pull yourself up. It was beautiful but utterly painful, I thought we were gonna die afterwards. :)

That was 3 days ago, and I'm still sore from it.