• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Damn, thought I wouldn't have

Ekans

?
Today is a very sad day for my e-mailbox, I received my first mail from Nigeria :angry: . Does anyone know a good way to stop these? It's pretty funny to read though.

Hello Dear

Permit me to inform you of my desire of going into a relationship with you that might eventually lead us to a lasting/intimate relationship.

I must not hesitate to confide in you for this simple assistance of your to help me safeguard my inheritance.

I am Miss Anita Darrell of South Africa, The only daughter to the late Dr. Ibrahim Darrell of South Africa who was a very wealthy Gold and Diamond dealer. Unknown gunmen assassinated my father after his return trip from Europe with my Mother. All the police efforts to track down the assassins of my late Father and mother has not been successful, hence I decided to flee to a neighboring country where I have been since as a refugee-seeking asylum in a refugee camp here in Lagos Nigeria.

Meanwhile, Before the death of my parents, My late father told me that He deposited a truck box containing US$18.5 M Dollars with a security company in Here in Nigeria where I am residing now. This is a contract fund paid to him by Shell Oil Company and he decided to lodge it in a security hopefully to relocate to Nigeria with my mother and me before both of them were killed.

I have gone to the office of the security company with the certificate of the deposit of this consignment and with the agreement that my late father entered with this company to verify that this consignment is still there but the agreement states that I would need the assistance of a foreign partner who will claim this truck box on my name since I am still under-aged. This is why I am seeking your assistance to enable me front you as my appointed foreign partner who will assist me in claiming this box from this company. The security company does not know that this deposited box contains money because my late father registered and tagged it as family valuables and art works for security reasons.

Therefore, you are to keep the top secret of this transaction until this truck box is finally released and delivered to you. I am therefore seeking your kind assistance in the following ways:

(1)To provide me with your detailed personal information which includes, Your full names, Contact address and your Telephone and fax numbers so that I can submit it to the security company authorizing them to recognize and lift this consignment to you as my guardian

(2)To serve as a guardian of this fund since I am only 19 years if delivered to your address pending on my arrival to your country for the continuation of my education and investment in your own area of choice since I am still a novices in the business world.

(3)To make arrangement for me to come over to your country to further my education and to secure a resident permit in your country. Moreover, Dear, I am willing to offer you 30 % of the total sum as compensation for your effort/input after the successful release and delivery of this box to your nominated address and 10% for any expenses that might be incurred during the process of this transaction making it 40% of the total US$ 18.5 M.

Furthermore, I want you to indicate your options towards assisting me, as I believe that this transaction would be concluded within fourteen (14) days you signify interest to assist me. I assure you that this business is 100% risk free, as I will forward all the necessary and legal documents backing up this transaction and making it legitimate to you as soon as I hear from you. Furthermore, the company assured me that you do no need to travel. Please, get back to me if you are interested at:

An obvious scam. Now if there were some decent smokes in that box...

antaean

GGiese did a great post/thread about these. I forget what the scam is called, you might want to ask George or maybe he'll chime in with a link.

GGiese did a great post/thread about these. I forget what the scam is called, you might want to ask George or maybe he'll chime in with a link.

Here's one of the links George posted Linky click on "Letters Archive" above.

When you have the time, read some of this stuff, it's hilarious.

Brian

I have heard it refered to as the Nigerian scam. this gives a little info on it. It is amazing how many people actualy succumb to this ploy.

Brandon

Ask her for a photo, as you don't like dealing with "strangers", and you want to get to know her a bit before "committing" to such a "large" endeavor. I wouldn't recommend sending anything, be it information or money, but it amazes me to what lengths these folks will go to separate you from your money.

I'm the type who responds to these scammers, getting their hopes up, before, finally, backing out.

BTW...if you plan on seeing how far they will go, and trust me, it's incredible what these scammers will do if asked, get a hotmail or yahoo email addy, so they don't have your personal email in their files.

Or delete it, and ignore it!!

.....Or delete it, and ignore it!!
Exactly. I just don't understand when folks tell me that SPAM is "such a pain" and "such an inconvienence" and "how they just hate to get SPAM", etc. Sure if you were getting hundreds a day, that's obvously a different issue but for the few I get, I've found that the "Delete" button works flawlessly.... ;)

My $00.02 - B.B.S.

Get these all the time. Course the only reason they are sent out is because suckers actually fall for it. :rolleyes: There are some rather hilarious websites where people have talked back and forth with these spammers and got some great pics of them doing weird things or holding up signs.

Just tell her naked pics and a BJ would go a long ay in helping you make up your mind.

Just tell her naked pics and a BJ would go a long ay in helping you make up your mind.

There you go!! Make her an offer she can't refuse......You have the money, you want to go along with her, but you don't trust international bankers, afraid that they will steal your money. But you would be willing to reimburse her for a round trip airline ticket, so she can come her for you to get to "know" her, as you like dealing with "friends". She could begin your friendship by sending you a picture of herself.

Or ignore it and delete it!