• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Damn You Tatuaje, Damn You!

slowhand

The last thing I needed in life was yet another semi hard to find expensive cigar. Unfortunately, that is what I got.

Over the last couple of weeks, I have smoked a handful of the Tatuaje. The Cojonu '03, Cojonu '06 and the El Cohete. These are what one comes to expect from good Havanas but don't often find. There are quite a few reviews already so I wont bore you with the details. However, just a couple of notes. Every one has been perfectly constructed. And I mean perfectly. They looked almost too good to smoke. They taste very Cubanesque and I find myself craving them. The El Cohote is so damn good and packs such a serious punch, I sat down half way thru just to order a box.

Sunday nights, I like to relax and smoke a Ramon Allones Gigante. It has become a tradition for me. A nice relaxing way to welcome the new week. Well, last night I put it back and smoked the Cojonu '06 instead and didn't regret it for a second.

Please don't start buying them. They are hard enough to find as it is.

I am right there with you on this one. Love the whole line of these(at least the ones I have been lucky enough to get my hands on). My next purchase will probably be a box of the RC 184s if I can find any. These are moving quickly from top 3 to #1 NC cigar in my humidor.

CYG

Oh yeah and I second what he said about not buying them. :laugh:

I, as well, love these so vrey much. I find myself grabbing the Cojonu '03 as aften as I open my humidor. I can't get enough of them...but due to the tremendous price gauging in California, I can buy as many as I want! :thumbs: So these will continue to stay at the top of my favorite list and I will continue to buy them, even though I am going broke in the process!? :whistling:

Love,

Fetter

I dont see how the Tatuaje are that hard to come by. Now Opus on the other hand, is another story altogether. :(

I dont see how the Tatuaje are that hard to come by. Now Opus on the other hand, is another story altogether. :(

Looks like on the Tatuaje website, they only have 33 or so retail stores.
I think they only make around 7500 cigars per size, per year.
Now that's rare...........much more so than Opus X.
Tatuaje are the most beautiful cigars I have ever seen, and feel totally blessed that we have them at the Outlaw.
They have new Nic. lines on the way out, lets see how they measure up.

Its the opposite where I live. I can find opus at retail pretty regularly. No place in town has tatuaje.

tatuaje havana IV?

I see that they are currently taking pre-orders at towercigars.com on these. Wondering if you had any additional info on these. I notice that the most expensive size is only $8.00. The price point is significantly lower than their other lines.

tatuaje havana IV?

It's the Havana 6 (VI) -- that and the new Series P will be made in Nicaragua. Same tobacco, different production facility, which means they will be less expensive, but more readily available. The Havana 6 blend is a cross between the Tatuaje brown label and Cabaigun blends. The Series P is a hand-rolled "Cuban sandwich" cigar, 40% medium filler, 60% long filler, from the same Havana 6 tobacco (but with a different wrapper).

Both are Nicaraguan puros of course. I'll have more info and pics up soon.

Its the opposite where I live. I can find opus at retail pretty regularly. No place in town has tatuaje.

That's because Tatuaje doesn't have that many retailers, and they haven't added any new ones for some time.