• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dark Rum

Schwiering

Reading more, posting less
I am looking for some good dark rum. I don't want to mix it. I want to drink it straight while having a cigar. I also want to be able to purchase it here in the States. So no HC or the like. I am not looking for something in a specific price range, but please provide what you usually spend on the bottle you mention. Thanks!

I am looking for some good dark rum. I don't want to mix it. I want to drink it straight while having a cigar. I also want to be able to purchase it here in the States. So no HC or the like. I am not looking for something in a specific price range, but please provide what you usually spend on the bottle you mention. Thanks!

I'm on the look for some too. I bought some of that Pyrat or whatever it's called, supposedly nice, but really it's not that great at all. And Bacardi Select is hardly rum at all after having some HC 7r old abroad.

Any recommendations?

Ron Zacapa 23? That sounds expensive. What does a bottle of that run?

I'm on the look for some too. I bought some of that Pyrat or whatever it's called, supposedly nice, but really it's not that great at all. And Bacardi Select is hardly rum at all after having some HC 7r old abroad.

Any recommendations?

Once you drink HC7, nothing will compare for the money. Next time I'm in the holy land I'm gonna dish out for the HC15.

Ron Zacapa 23? That sounds expensive. What does a bottle of that run?

It'll run you anywhere from $35 to $40. Best rum outside of the HC Reserva and Barrel Proof. A very smooth rum that is perfect for sipping and pairing with a cigar.

IMO... best rum outside of Cuba is the El Dorado 15 or 25, not cheap though.

The El Dorado is good. Ron Zacapa is really good. Also try Zaya. Cruzan Single Barrell is good sipping. Appleton Estate V/X is pretty good for the price.
Emo

Pusser's Navy Rum. $15. It's the same rum they used to give to English sailors. Look what it did for them. :laugh:

Doc.

Another vote for Ron Zacapa. I picked up 3 when they were on sale for $28 each. Better then the HC 7 or the El Dorado 15. Appleton Estate 15 is good too but a very different taste.

I picked up a bottle of the Zacapa 23 today for $38. I am excited to give it a try. Thanks for all the advice.