• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Davidoff 80 Aniversario

carson.craig4

I have 5 special production Davidoff 80 Aniversario cigars which appear to be the Presidente model. 4 of these are in very good condition- kept in good humidity with little to no exterior damage.

IMG_5034.JPG IMG_5031.JPG IMG_5035.JPG
Ignore the box, as it is just an old box i had lying around to store them in temporarily.

Length: 8 5/8”
Ring Gauge: 48
Vintage: 1986

The cigars were made in 1986 to celebrate Zino Davidoff's 80th birthday.

I would like to sell the 4 cigars that are in very good condition online, however i do not know
where to do so. My local cigar shop appraised them around $250 each as is and i would like to sell them around this price, although I am negotiable.

Any help finding somewhere to sell these beauties would be MUCH appreciated. Also, any appraisal comments if you think these cigars are worth something else would be very much appreciated as well. Thanks!

Read the rules:
* * * Please Read * * *

You must be a contributing member in good standing for the previous four months in order to post a sale in these forums. "Want To Buy" posts are allowed, but are at the discretion of the membership and the seller. New members asking for hard to find cigars is considered rude and not within the spirit of these forums. New members or members that have been inactive for a period of time may be asked to send their funds before any product is shipped. Exceptions are sometimes allowed. Contact Rod via PM if there are any questions.

Read the rules:
* * * Please Read * * *

You must be a contributing member in good standing for the previous four months in order to post a sale in these forums. "Want To Buy" posts are allowed, but are at the discretion of the membership and the seller. New members asking for hard to find cigars is considered rude and not within the spirit of these forums. New members or members that have been inactive for a period of time may be asked to send their funds before any product is shipped. Exceptions are sometimes allowed. Contact Rod via PM if there are any questions.

Clarification: not asking to sell these on this forum, asking for info on where to sell and potentially how much for (if my first appraisal is inaccurate)

To be honest to sell them you will have a hard time. You'll have to explain where they came from and how they were stored. There are a few places that they could be sold, but all of them require that you are known to the community. Good luck with your sale.

To be honest to sell them you will have a hard time. You'll have to explain where they came from and how they were stored. There are a few places that they could be sold, but all of them require that you are known to the community. Good luck with your sale.

Agree. You're going to have a lot of trouble getting a buyer in my opinion. While they may be worth that, getting someone to actually pay it without knowing you, where they came from, and how they've been stored is going to be difficult at best.

Not saying they aren't legit and not saying you aren't. But without knowing that information and being comfortable with knowing that it's true, I don't think I'd even entertain it.

I just don't know how you can give any buyer 100% certainty on it. Which they should demand at that price. Good luck.

No box codes on the bands, I call fakes :)

Last edited:
No proof. Not likely to get asking price or fair market value. Like trying to sell a classic car without paperwork or a VIN.

Frankly selling cigars which are over 30 years old to someone who would value them at market price requires the same or more provenance required by Rick on Pawn Stars. Even knowing the box code and which vendor they came from is only part of the issue. As pointed out above, storage of an agricultural product where quality can decline over in a very short period of time in wrong environment is a huge stumbling block for a bone-fide collector at the kind of price you are referencing. 30 years is a long time and since you haven't said they have been in your care and custody for that entire time it should be obvious anything may have happened. Also, probably a good idea when listing is to have pictures without an RP box in the background.

....... Also, probably a good idea when listing is to have pictures without an RP box in the background.

Upon second look, I find it interesting you have a 72% Boveda inside the RP box you are using for storage. That is interesting to me because I have about 50 boxes or more of cigars in my humidor...and not one....not....one, has a Boveda inside it. I would consider that overkill when all my boxes are already appropriately stored in the humidor itself.

Which makes me wonder.......are you using the RP box as a humidor? I certainly hope not. But once again....it makes me wonder why type of storage these have been in.

I was just going to post that ... if you're trying to sell those and are currently keeping them in a non-airtight cigar box with a boveda pack, depending on your ambient RH, they could be dying as we speak.

Get the paper trail from where these came from, and keep them in a humidor. If you don't have one, ask the shop if they'll store them for you (or better yet, sell them to the shop).