• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Davidoff Acquires Camacho Cigars

grateful1

Oh My!
Friday "night in Miami papers were signed for Davidoff to acquire the Camacho brands. The deal does not include the Eiroa farms in Honduras."

Does anyone have more info?

There seems to be little info right now. I'm sure more information about the acquisition will come about on Monday.

I think it's a good thing, look at AVO cigars, they are still great tasting and Davidoff owns them as well........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

well, the full bodied market is something that Camacho dominates. So in that regard, Davidoff is widing their market. I think that comacho and davidoff are at such opposite ends of the spectum that it almost doesn't make sense.

This one really has me scratching my head. Not so much the sale but the exclusion of the tobacco fields, I guess it still keeps Christian somewhat in control, at least as far as raw material. I'll have to talk to him when he gets back and ask the official WTF questions.

Price-wise, the Camachos would complement the high prices of the typical Davidoff. But we'll see what Davidoff has planned.

They get an established mid-tier brand in Camacho without diluting their existing marques, one known for different attributes (full-bodied) than their own (smooth, mild), and they get to leverage their existing marketing, sales, and distibution arm (and therefore drop Camacho's own ops for a green-dollar cost savings).

It appears that General Cigar and Altadis are more interested in doing line extensions rather than looking at new brands outright. So there probably wasn't much of a bidding war.

With Davidoff distribution, Can Camacho maintain the quality of their product while meeting increased production demands?