• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Davidoff Lounge Edition

Roy R. Frush

Karaté?
Apologies for the large images. I'm a tech imbecile and couldn't figure out how to post the medium size versions from the gallery...

The cigar is a Davidoff toro called the "Lounge Edition." It was approximately 6" x 54rg. This cigar sports a nice dark wrapper, which is quite fine in texture, and a pig-tail cap.
gallery_2513_1632_792637.jpg

The initial cocoa flavors are rich, with a pronounced sweetness and medium body. The smoke is very smooth and is pleasant to retrohale.
gallery_2513_1632_1134039.jpg

After the first third, the cigar picked up noticeably in strength. The sweetness was gone, and the flavor had progressed to strong coffee. I could feel the nicotine by the midpoint. Careless retrohaling nearly made my eyes water. This blend is still on the milder side of the Millenium series, however.
gallery_2513_1632_169130.jpg

I had grabbed the first beer I spotted in the fridge to enjoy with the smoke. This wasn't the best of pairings, but both the cigar and ale were excellent.
gallery_2513_1632_266646.jpg

This is the second one of this release that I've smoked. The first one carried the sweetness farther up the cigar, but similarly picked up intensity. My only criticism of the Lounge Edition would be the ring gauge. I generally don't like to smoke cigars over 50rg, as I find them awkward, and usually can't get good smoke production unless I double draw. This is one of the rare fat cigars I would happily smoke again.

Cool review bro!

Yeah, I'm not a fan of any IPA or pale with a cigar. The hops take over and completely mess with your taste buds. Now a good chocolate stout paired with a maduro... However, a great beer selection, nonetheless.

Great review.

I hadn't considered the frequency of double drawing I do on big gauge cigars until I read your review. Thanks!

I did a search for this cigar, is it only sold in specific Davidoff shops? I love Davidoff, but I don't have the luxury of any lounges in my state.

That thing has one of the most perfectly executed pigtail caps I have ever seen. Nice review and great photos. Makes me want one but I'm only paying $20+ for a cigar for AF and Padron fare these days.