• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Davidoff Madison Ave 20th Anniversary

FlyFish

Reaction score
Has anyone tried or bought any of the special release cigars offered by the Madison Ave shop in NYC?

They are Robustos, very similar to the 2007 LE in size (about a 1/4 inch shorter) and are advertised on the websirte as being fiull bodied. They have a special secoond band and the box is highlighted "535 Madison".

I have a box coming and I was curious if anyone else had heard anything or had actually smoked one. I only bought a box because of how great some of the other "shop" special cigars been over the years, especially the OVTC 35th anny cigar.

I smoked one a few weeks ago. Very dark and oily wrapper. Probably one of the most oily wrappers I've ever seen. Strength was about medium-full and I smoked it straight from the shop so it was a bit wetter than I would have liked.

Has anyone tried or bought any of the special release cigars offered by the Madison Ave shop in NYC?

They are Robustos, very similar to the 2007 LE in size (about a 1/4 inch shorter) and are advertised on the websirte as being fiull bodied. They have a special secoond band and the box is highlighted "535 Madison".

I have a box coming and I was curious if anyone else had heard anything or had actually smoked one. I only bought a box because of how great some of the other "shop" special cigars been over the years, especially the OVTC 35th anny cigar.

It could just be a shorter 100th Robusto...or Puro with a second band.

Davidoff has a 'vendor' program where the vendor may order some cigars(usally different sizes) - but they are of a blend being rolled...not a special blend.

I'm curious to know the blend.

To celebrate our 20 years of business at 535 Madison Avenue we have on offer a box of 10 Limited Edition Robustos. The unique blend is full bodied with an inviting aroma and taste.

Ring Gauge: 52
Length: 5 1/4 "
Wrapper: Connecticut Ecuador
Binder: Dominican Seco
Filler: Dominican Ligero, Seco & Viso
Format: Robusto

Here are the details per the website. looks like a unique blend to me.

Crap now I have to go to Madison Avenue to get this cigar. Why couldn't you have waited till after the Holiday's to mention this? :(

Whoops, I misread your post FlyFish, I actually smoked the LE from Davidoff from this year...not the special one you are talking about. Sorry!

I was looking at getting a box of these, would they actually be the 100th Anniverary Robustos? I really liked those, some pretty double banding would just be an added plus. :blush:

edit: Here are the stats from the Davidoff Madison site, do they match any of their regular lineup??

Ring Gauge: 52
Length: 5 1/4 "
Wrapper: Connecticut Ecuador
Binder: Dominican Seco
Filler: Dominican Ligero, Seco & Viso
Format: Robusto

Based on what I am reading about the blending I think they'll have a bit more punch than the 100th Robustos. I wish it were the same, the 100th are my favorite davidoff release ever. Perfect blend for my tastebuds.