• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Davidoff Storage

kiwifruit

From reading posts during the past week, it seems like there are different RH levels to different cigars. I tried a searching for a definitive post about this but came up blank.

Recently, someone posted that they smoked a Davidoff Special R and did not enjoy it but members commented that it could be because of improper storage. I also read that Pepin cigars should be stored at 65 per Pepin himself and that cameroon wrappers should be at 70.

From personal experience, this seems to be true as my Olive Series G and Torano 1916 are not smoking as well or as tasty when I bought them fresh. Could this be because my humidor has the Heartfelt 65 beads?

I posted this topic to get some answers. Should I buy another humidor and get 70 beads for that one?

I also smoked a Davidoff Special R today and it didn't taste as good as I expected. What RH should I be storing my Davidoffs? Appreciate any help.

I keep all my cigars (ISOM and NC) at 65% with viper beads.
I also have some CT 1916's which I have had for around 12 months and they are smoking very nice. So nice in fact I may leave them for another 12 months before smoking any more. :D

From reading posts during the past week, it seems like there are different RH levels to different cigars. I tried a searching for a definitive post about this but came up blank.

Recently, someone posted that they smoked a Davidoff Special R and did not enjoy it but members commented that it could be because of improper storage. I also read that Pepin cigars should be stored at 65 per Pepin himself and that cameroon wrappers should be at 70.

From personal experience, this seems to be true as my Olive Series G and Torano 1916 are not smoking as well or as tasty when I bought them fresh. Could this be because my humidor has the Heartfelt 65 beads?

I posted this topic to get some answers. Should I buy another humidor and get 70 beads for that one?

I also smoked a Davidoff Special R today and it didn't taste as good as I expected. What RH should I be storing my Davidoffs? Appreciate any help.

Becareful of expectations! At lot has to do with at what time I smoke, what I'm having to drink with the smoke...and even (especially) what I've eaten before/during the smoke. Then there are also the 'conditions' in which I'm smoking...outside/inside/humid/dry...etc!

I really havn't paid it much attention, but I think you are correct. I tend to enjoy a Davi that's been stored at a little higher humidity.

Try it out....get some 70% beads and see what happens...or just get a freezer ziplock and a Boveda pack...that may work.

Thanks guys. I will have to try it out. I am having wrapper issues with the cammies. After lighting up, the wrappers are cracking and I think its because they are too dry. I will have to do the tupperdor route and see if that helps. Three month's time in a tupperdor should be enough.

it really comes down to personal preference. I keep most of my cubans at 62-63% because i find that it tastes the best at these RH levels. The very few dominicans that i have tried, i've noticed that i like them at a higher RH. What i've done is put the dominicans in a ziplock bag and throw in the 69% RH boveda packs and they seem to work fine. I have about 5 to spare at the moment (because they have a tendancy to dry out quick) so if you'd like some to try out feel free to ask and i'll be more then happy to send them your way.

FWIW, in my personal experience, a Graycliff stored at 61 has muted flavor while at 66 seems to really open up.

it really comes down to personal preference. I keep most of my cubans at 62-63% because i find that it tastes the best at these RH levels. The very few dominicans that i have tried, i've noticed that i like them at a higher RH. What i've done is put the dominicans in a ziplock bag and throw in the 69% RH boveda packs and they seem to work fine. I have about 5 to spare at the moment (because they have a tendancy to dry out quick) so if you'd like some to try out feel free to ask and i'll be more then happy to send them your way.
Very kind offer. Thank you. I will let them sit in 65% Rh for a few more months and revisit the cigars.

The literature that came with my Davidoff cigars recomends 70 to 72% Rh. They'll get 65% and like it.

Doc.