• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Davidoff's 100th anniversary cigar?

connoiseur29

Has anyone heard about the cigars that are going to be released to commemorate Zino Davidoff's 100th birthday? I seem to recall reading that the blend was going to be reminiscent of the old havana davidoff's. Does anyone have any info? Thanks.

They can reminisce all they want. They’ll never even come close to a Cuban Davidoff.

Doc.

i've heard many people talk about how expensive Davidoffs are, but never how they taste. Never smoked one, but are they worth it?

IMO only the millinium series tastes good, and it is not worth it.

tjm5019 said:
i've heard many people talk about how expensive Davidoffs are, but never how they taste. Never smoked one, but are they worth it?
[snapback]283280[/snapback]​

Are you talking about current Davidoff's or the "Davidoff's of the past" - ?

Eric

connoiseur29 said:
Has anyone heard about the cigars that are going to be released to commemorate Zino Davidoff's 100th birthday? I seem to recall reading that the blend was going to be reminiscent of the old havana davidoff's. Does anyone have any info? Thanks.
[snapback]283239[/snapback]​

heard the other day they are due out this spring.

IMHO - one of the best NC's you can find - construction is incredible, flavor is awesome. The Millenium blend is very nice - powerful. I much rather prefer the Anniversario series...

If you like the run of the mill cigar, you probably won't like Davidoff. If you like a very well made, well blended cigar - the Davidoff is the Rolls Royce of cigars...

Be prepared, though - they are not cheap, nor are they easy to find.

ggiese said:
- the Davidoff is the Rolls Royce of cigars...

Be prepared, though - they are not cheap, nor are they easy to find.
[snapback]283350[/snapback]​

Come to So Cal. They're everywhere...nobody can afford to smoke them because of the high cost of living. ;)

-Fetter

Davidoff Millenniums and Anniversaries are great and almost worth the money. The rest seem bad to me but some with more refined pallets than my own have said they are good? The Cubans are probably the best cigars ever, I wouldn't know, but no cigar is worth $100+.

I have seen some 80s davidoffs around for about $85 if that seems more reasonable :laugh:

As soon as I get some dough I am all over a couple of those.

CYG