• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Dear dog-ass Navy...you rock! Love, The Air Force.

I had a friend stationed on a Carrier during the Gulf War. When asked what he did, he responded, "We thew officers at the enemy".
Great job, if you ask me. :whistling:

Doc

Heh. I had you in mind Doc when I posted that. And, Chief, apologies, but I'm not full speed on my Navy lingo...I'm Air Force...Major...so...Lt. Commander, I think?

-Axl

Rate in Navy lingo is job, but since you're an officer you don't have one.

Doc

Devil Doc said:
Rate in Navy lingo is job, but since you're an officer you don't have one.

Doc

Oh! Ouch! Ha! Fuggin' Squids...

I was on Independence CVA-62, E5, Special Weapons 9/62 - 4/66. Thanks for the great photos. We didn't have any F22 but we flew the crap out of A4, Corsair, Phantom, Vigilante, A6 and COD's

Since Navy felt so kind as to squash Air Force two weeks ago (Notre Dame repaid the favor, thank you), those future squids better win the CINC trophy this year over the ground pounders.

Cool photos.  I'm guessing that the "dip in the sea" is a GTFO drill?  

Useless fact of the day:  We have the very last F-14 to ever fly on government gas here at the Pacific Aviation Museum where I work.  It was the backup to the ceremonial retirement fly-away jet at Oceana in... 2006, I think?  The primary took off amidst the fanfare as it was expected to.  A little while later, after all the hoopla died down, our jet departed.

I trained with the Navy for the second half of pilot training.  As far as aviation goes, hey do some things much more intelligently than the AF; other things, not so much.  All in all, I'm grateful for the experience.  At the end of either AF or Navy pilot training, everyone puts a bunch of money down on the bar and parties, so it's really not that different.

Furthermore, I come from a Navy family (dad & great-uncle), so they were happy I got to spend some time with their fellow non-air-breathers.

And don't forget, the Army and Navy are the only true branches of the military... the Air Force is a corporation and the Marine Corps is a cult!

Seems this is brewing up to be a Service War. I think I'll escalate things. What's the difference between the BSA and the USMC? The Boy Scouts don't have artillery.

Doc

Well, Yankee Boy scouts don't, but us Southern Boys have plenty o' firepower!

:p

-Trey

Navy Senior Chief:  "You know, son, MARINE stands for, 'My Ass Rides In Navy Equipment".

Young Marine:  "Well... well... They just take us there!"

I think every person in that room on Guam in the late 90's just kind of looked around at each other before silently walking out whilst shaking their heads.

Don't even get me started on the Blue Angels "finally" having a female pilot on the "team"...

Just because you can't land a plane on an airstrip that moves up, down and foward is no reason to get testy. ;)

Doc

Oh, nothing against the pilots (even the female -- who is a Marine).  It's the organization as a whole and the way they sensationalized the whole "first woman Blue Angels pilot"thing.  Lots of verbiage about "performance pilot" and photos in front of the jets.  However, she flies Fat Albert.  I come from a trash hauler background -- I love me some heavies.  She's reached the pinnacle of the C-130 world, and not many people can have that on their resume.  The Thunderbirds have had females flying their F-16's for over a decade now, though.  I don't care how they try and spin it for the PR, the Blue Angels is still a Boys Club.

But, we are getting political now, I suppose.

So, I'll just go back to sulking in the corner at work since I'm the only Air Force guy there amongst crusty old Squids and Devil Dogs...

kann said:
Oh, nothing against the pilots (even the female -- who is a Marine).  It's the organization as a whole and the way they sensationalized the whole "first woman Blue Angels pilot"thing.  Lots of verbiage about "performance pilot" and photos in front of the jets.  However, she flies Fat Albert.  I come from a trash hauler background -- I love me some heavies.  She's reached the pinnacle of the C-130 world, and not many people can have that on their resume.  The Thunderbirds have had females flying their F-16's for over a decade now, though.  I don't care how they try and spin it for the PR, the Blue Angels is still a Boys Club.

But, we are getting political now, I suppose.

So, I'll just go back to sulking in the corner at work since I'm the only Air Force guy there amongst crusty old Squids and Devil Dogs...

I imagine you surrounded by these

41zhGGMaz5L.jpg

00785_prepared-squid-hot_2.jpg

I haven't had dinner yet.  That was just mean...