• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Decent 'Soft-Flame' Lighter?

chainer

Hey all!

First i'll apologize for posting a question so early in my CP career! Second I'll say glad to be here and work my way into the community. Anyway, onto the question in... uh.. question:

I've been using torch lighters for quiet sometime, and miss the novelty of Dunhill or Dupont lighters. I'm looking for a decent lighter that has that "dink!" sound when popped open, with a side type roller to start the flame... Basically a classic Dupont lighter. Now here is the clincher: I don't want to exceed 100 bucks on one. I've found a few budget ones at elighters.com (http://www.elighters.com/gensym-11.html), and eBay, but decided to hold off buying it to ask you guys if you knew of anything better.

I wouldn't mind a replica, or a rip-off fake, as long as it works, looks decent, and sounds cool to open. I've spent a good amount on more than ~20 torch Tiger/Xikar/Blazer lighters and know quality is not always... well... the 'best'. With all that said, anyone know of where I can find one that fits what I'm looking for?

Thanks in advanced
-Rob

I've also been interested in this. My price range is a little higher, but I don't really want to pay full price for a top of the line one.

I recall seeing an almost identical post under a week ago with a nice string of replies.

Search is your friend. Repeat questions tend to get people ticked off around here, as I am sure it would you.

This thread has some options. I'm not sure how many of the lighters mentioned meet your specific criteria, but there are many suggestions for fine lighters.

In my experience, if you want the quality of a premium lighter, you really have to pay for it. I've tried several "clones" of more expensive lighters and most of them are junk compared to the lighter being imitated. They may be OK lighters, but they are not equal to the premium counterparts.

Good luck!

DJeep < $2 for a good disposable

Zippo < $20 (use the the new fuel, no after-taste)

Thanks for the link to that other site... For those reading this one, it seems a few Dupont lighters on ebay can be found for 80~ usd (obviously fakes, though). They look convincing and some people seem to like em for the price... Nibo is another brand that mimmicks Corona OldBoy.

Sorry for the post of a question that had been asked before, I couldnt find a thread like this one from earlier.

Personally I like the Dunhill rollergas...but they are really pricey...but I do like them better than Dupont. The IM Corona dual flave is also nice, tho lately I have been using the Xikar windproof candle flame. Lifetime warranty and a good lighter.

This thread has some options. I'm not sure how many of the lighters mentioned meet your specific criteria, but there are many suggestions for fine lighters.

In my experience, if you want the quality of a premium lighter, you really have to pay for it. I've tried several "clones" of more expensive lighters and most of them are junk compared to the lighter being imitated. They may be OK lighters, but they are not equal to the premium counterparts.

Good luck!

Yep.. that's the post I was reffering to. Same question, paraphrased.

That's why I bought myself the IM Corona Old Boy lighter for my b-day :D .

:cool:

Good luck!

That's why I bought myself the IM Corona Old Boy lighter for my b-day :D .

:cool:

Excellent choice, my friend. I love mine more than I thought I could ever love a lighter. I wish t was a little more windproof, but other than that it's perfect for cigars or pipes.

:thumbs: