• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Del Duenos Anejo

cigardawg

I drank Del Duenos Anejo tequila last night. It comes in numbered bottles, fairly limited distribution, and retails for around $55 in my area. It comes in a squat, heavy bottle (750 ml). This was bottle no. 2470.

I drank the tequila neat in a martini glass. No lime or salt. I actually prefer to keep my good tequila in the freezer or at least drink it chilled. The Del Duenos had some oak flavors typical of an anejo tequila. In the past, the tequila had a distinct saltiness, chilling it seemed to have toned this down a bit. The remaining flavors were crisp and clean, with the agave coming through in spades. It was very smooth, with practically no burn whatsoever going down.

All in all, not as good as the Corazon Anejo, but a very good tequila. Don't know if it is the best bang for the buck, however. Have to try others in the same price range. I recommend to try it if you have the opportunity.

cigardawg said:
I drank Del Duenos Anejo tequila last night. It comes in numbered bottles, fairly limited distribution, and retails for around $55 in my area. It comes in a squat, heavy bottle (750 ml). This was bottle no. 2470.

I drank the tequila neat in a martini glass. No lime or salt. I actually prefer to keep my good tequila in the freezer or at least drink it chilled. The Del Duenos had some oak flavors typical of an anejo tequila. In the past, the tequila had a distinct saltiness, chilling it seemed to have toned this down a bit. The remaining flavors were crisp and clean, with the agave coming through in spades. It was very smooth, with practically no burn whatsoever going down.

All in all, not as good as the Corazon Anejo, but a very good tequila. Don't know if it is the best bang for the buck, however. Have to try others in the same price range. I recommend to try it if you have the opportunity.
[snapback]166481[/snapback]​

CigarDawg: I'm curious, was the bottle you're referring to Reserva Del Dueno? A short squatty handmade bottle with a light green tint to it?

Michael

Yes, it was reserva del dueno. Everything is accurate except for the light green tint. The bottle was short and squat. I'll try to post a picture of it.

cigardawg said:
Yes, it was reserva del dueno. Everything is accurate except for the light green tint. The bottle was short and squat. I'll try to post a picture of it.
[snapback]169569[/snapback]​

If the bottle didn't have a light green tint to it, it may have possibly been a line extension called JEREZITO. Did it have a black label?

Michael