• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Deleting Old Threads

gibu

I seen a discusion a while back about deleting old threads to save space. I can't remeber the details but I think it was if it wasn't posted to in the last six months it would be deleted. Is that being done.

If it's not already being done I would like to make small point about how much new members go back and read the old threads. I'm not sure if veteran smokers who come in for the first time go back and read as much or not. I know though that when I first joined I was also new to cigars in general and was reading, reading, reading everything I could find about my new hobby I was so excited about. Now I have a friend just getting into cigars, Randyb1, and he's exactly like I used to be. He's always mentioning stuff hes read on our site and I'm amazed how far back he's reading. He spends hours at a time on our site (his wife will readily confirm this) and loves all the info he digs up.

I know I don't financially contribute to this site so its not really my call in ANY way. Just a little thought though.

Lumby reviews a lot of the old threads as well. Then he makes a post and they become a new thread again :D

Gibu makes a good point, I like to review old threads because many times a new person will bring up a topic that was just discussed and we can link to the old thread where the FOG's bestowed their infinite wisdom on us new dummies :D

I'd prefer not to delete olds threads as well.

I guess we gotta start buying those mouse pads!! TEE SHIRTS, I want a CigarPass tee shirt!! On a Gildan, all cotton tee!! ;)

As I said before when Rod brought it up the value of sites like this is in the vast repository of knowledge they contain. I am against deleting of anything whether it was post padding mayhem or erudite cigar storage discussions.

FWIW, I've looked at a number of old threads since I joined. I do admit that some careful pruning could be done if needed but wouldn't like wholesale deletion of old material. Perhaps an archive could be used instead of keeping everything on line.