• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Denver BOTLs

cigardawg

I just found out yesterday that I am going to be attending a conference in Denver this month. I will be arriving on the 19th and leaving on the 23rd. Would love to get together with some local BOTLs to have a cigar and a drink. Also, where are the good places to smoke? Where should one buy their cigars?

Thanks for looking. :thumbs:

I'm your man, Bro. What part of town is the conference? There are good HERF sites in just about every quad but west.

NullSmurf said:
I'm your man, Bro. What part of town is the conference? There are good HERF sites in just about every quad but west.
[snapback]295877[/snapback]​
The conference is taking place at the Colorado Conference Center. I am going to try to stay at the Couryard on 16th street.

cigardawg said:
The conference is taking place at the Colorado Conference Center. I am going to try to stay at the Couryard on 16th street.
[snapback]295890[/snapback]​

I'm guessing you mean the Convention Center. I know the hotel. Both are downtown. There is a Renting a car?

There are two places downtown - one within walking distance of your hotel. Churchill Bar in the Brown Palace.

Its a tad $$$ though they boast the best selection of single malts. Else, there is the Purple Martini, a short shuttle ride to the west side of downtown. More down to earth, jazz, and martinis of all shapes and sizes. The HERF room is detached and you can't hear the music, but its not bad. About a half hour to the south is the Robusto Room, nice humi and accomodations. Spirits served. About the same distance to the north is the Original Cigar Store. Outstanding humi, but a bit lacking for atmosphere. TV and couches. BYOB there.

I'm disappointed not to see any other Coloradans speaking up, but I'm still game. Any of your colleages BOTL, or at least tolerant?

NullSmurf said:
Bump!

You still up for a smoke, Dawg?
[snapback]298239[/snapback]​

Absolutely. I will be arriving on 19 March (not sure what time) and leaving on the 23rd (around 3 in the afternoon). I will be tied up on Tuesday night, but free the others. Let's definitely plan on a night for a mini-herf. The Churchill Bar sounds great, though I'm not sure where I will be staying at this point. When I was in Denver before, I walked all over the downtown area, so that is not a problem.

Any others interested in joining us for a smoke?

I'll shoot you a PM with my cell as the date gets a little closer.

cigardawg said:
Absolutely. I will be arriving on 19 March (not sure what time) and leaving on the 23rd (around 3 in the afternoon). I will be tied up on Tuesday night, but free the others. Let's definitely plan on a night for a mini-herf. The Churchill Bar sounds great, though I'm not sure where I will be staying at this point. When I was in Denver before, I walked all over the downtown area, so that is not a problem.

Any others interested in joining us for a smoke?

I'll shoot you a PM with my cell as the date gets a little closer.
[snapback]298243[/snapback]​

Agreed. Hows Monday evening sound? I've never been there, but have been in the Brown many times. I'll make sure I have starch in my shirt so I fit in there. :cool:

NullSmurf and Cigardawg,

I've been to the Churchill Bar...I could not believe the prices for their cigars.
So bring your own...and pick up a drink there.

I think I saw an Opus X for $50 ~ $60!!!

There's a cigar jazz bar that just openned at that Mall near the freeway...do a search.
I've seen the thread recently.

I wish I could join you guys...won't be out in Denver that I know of.
Have fun.

chewbacco said:
NullSmurf and Cigardawg,

I've been to the Churchill Bar...I could not believe the prices for their cigars.
So bring your own...and pick up a drink there.

I think I saw an Opus X for $50 ~ $60!!!

There's a cigar jazz bar that just openned at that Mall near the freeway...do a search.
I've seen the thread recently.

I wish I could join you guys...won't be out in Denver that I know of.
Have fun.
[snapback]298342[/snapback]​

Excellent! Thanks for the info. I usually bring my own sticks anyway, so we can just hit them for drinks. Looking forward to it.

Actually, if you're up for it, we can scoot to the best B&M in Denver. He has a REALLY good selection.

OK, I got my marching papers yesterday.

I am actually arriving in Denver at around noon on Sunday the 19th. I have nothing to do until noon on Monday the 20th. If anyone is up for a cigar Sunday afternoon, let's go for it. After that, I will be available most evenings, though times may vary. I'll most likely be spending a significant amount of time at the Churchill Bar. :p I am going to be at the Ramada downtown. Won't have a car, so if anyplace is too far, I'll have to taxi.

That said, I'm up for hitting the B&M. Let's figure out a time and shoot me directions.

Looking forward to it. :thumbs:

cigardawg said:
OK, I got my marching papers yesterday.

I am actually arriving in Denver at around noon on Sunday the 19th. I have nothing to do until noon on Monday the 20th. If anyone is up for a cigar Sunday afternoon, let's go for it. After that, I will be available most evenings, though times may vary. I'll most likely be spending a significant amount of time at the Churchill Bar. :p I am going to be at the Ramada downtown. Won't have a car, so if anyplace is too far, I'll have to taxi.

That said, I'm up for hitting the B&M. Let's figure out a time and shoot me directions.

Looking forward to it. :thumbs:
[snapback]299215[/snapback]​

Great! I've put up a better photo in my profile. PM me your flight info and I'll pick you up at the airport - its near my home. It's about a 25 minute ride to the B&M, then about the same to the hotel. Thats all the time I have on Sunday, but I'm hoping for dinner downtown, then Churchills on Monday eve.

Is there ANYONE else that'd like to join us?

Even on the remotest chance, PM me for my cellphone number.