• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

destino el siglio

MarkJr

willing participant in this game we play
After all of my research I have come up largely short. Does anyone know if this is a different blend, or is it just a second band put on an Opus?

It is a different blend, a combination of other fuente tobacco and (if you are talking about the original) a sungrown wrapper vs a rosado​

I found this old post and had a similar question and didn't quite understand the answer above. This week my local B&M received a shipment of FFOX Destino al Siglos in lancero and super belicosa sizes. Anyone know if these are the same as is mentioned above and are a different blend of non-opus x tobaccos?

It's my understanding that the Destino al Siglo is a different Opus blend. I am not sure about the wrapper although the Angel's Share is supposed to be the same wrapper but different priming, i.e. lower onthe plant so not as dark. I was able to score a couple of the Super Belis, so hopefully I can judge for my self.

From what I have heard, the Destino al Siglo cigars the Fuente's released are a "tweaked" OpusX blend.  I've only heard of the Lancero and Super Belicoso sizes being released by the Fuente's.  Now Prometheus put out some Fuente sets both last year and this year that have OpusX cigars with a secondary band that says "Destino al Siglo".  These are regular OpusX cigars, not the tweaked blend the Fuente's released.  The sets Prometheus released this year (FFOX6 travel humidors) had an OpusX Tauros the Bull and an OpusX El Escorpion that had secondary "Destino al Siglo" bands, though the cigars are regular blend OpusX.  

Basically, the only two sizes of OpusX with the Destino al Siglo tweaked blend are the Lancero and Super Belicoso; any other sizes that say "Destino al Siglo" are just regular blend OpusX.  Sounds like llwydtp found the "real" Destino al Siglo cigars.

Cheers,
Eric  

I just picked up a few of the Lancero's and Super Belicoso's on Saturday. Cant wait to try one and hear comments from others.

Are people getting the Destino al Siglo mixed up with the Angel's Share blend?  As far as I've been able to tell, the DaS releases are regular Opus with a special band.  The Angels Share, OTOH, is a totally unique blend.

I think Kid is right.

I've had two of the new  Destino Super Belis and they seem to be the exact same blend as the older Opus X Super belis. I really didn't see an difference. Had a new one with the new band and followed it with one from my stash that I got earlier this year. Couldn't tell any difference but enjoyed both

I saw David Savona mentioned the Destino al Siglo on Cigar Aficionado's website back in September:

"The cigars are made with wrappers from Chateau de la Fuente, the same farm where Fuente Fuente OpusX wrapper is grown. Destino al Siglo's wrapper, however, is a different seed variety (Habano) than OpusX (Corojo), and it's grown in the open sunlight, making them different from the OpusX, which has been sold since late 1995."

Saw somewhere else (can't find it right now) where a Fuente rep said it was a "tweaked" OpusX but that you can't really taste the difference.  Now Savona did mention that after the fire at the Fuente farm they lost a lot of tobaccos and had to "take a new look at its blends".  Maybe the Fuente's were planning on the Destino's to be noticeably different from the regular release OpusX but the fire made them change the blend.  

JackSchwartz said:
I saw David Savona mentioned the Destino al Siglo on Cigar Aficionado's website back in September:

"[font=Helvetica Neue']The cigars are made with wrappers from Chateau de la Fuente, the same farm where Fuente Fuente OpusX wrapper is grown. Destino al Siglo's wrapper, however, is a different seed variety (Habano) than OpusX (Corojo), and it's grown in the open sunlight, making them different from the OpusX, which has been sold since late 1995."[/font]

[font=Helvetica Neue']   [/font]
I picked a half dozen of the Beli's. My B&M was told that the wrapper was different, but I can't taste the difference.

I smoked one of the lanceros and while it did seem different than most of the Opus X's I have had, I have never had an Opus lancero so it's hard for me to compare. Before reading the posts above I would have guessed that if anything was different, it was the filler blend as the wrapper seemed to be exactly the same in terms of color and texture as other opus x cigars I have. No matter what, it was a nice smoke and my only complaint would be that I had a hard time keeping it lit in the final third.